Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Error message: "Incompatable Cartridges"

I purchase this printer in Costa Rica last November. While I was back in the States I was told that the printer would accept the HP 902 cartriges. The printer came with the HP 904 cartriges. I understand that is the cartridges that are sold in Costa Rica. Is there a driver or away to have the printer allow the use of the HP 902 cartriges? The 902 are sold in the US with this printer model.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

The printer would need to change "Region" in order to use the HP 902 cartridges.

First you would need to have a FULL set of HP 902 cartridges (KCMY ink), then contact HP support who will then walk you through to change the region of the printer.  Note that this is a one time event and you cannot keep changing regions.

So if US (HP 902) is where the printer will be for the rest of it's life (no pun intended), then contact HP to change the region:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.