Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (697 Views)

HP OfficeJet Pro L7780 won't print

My unit will no longer print.  It was working fine for printing, and all of a sudden it stopped. 

When I click print, or copy, or try any operation that will require the printer to print onto paper (faxing out still works, and scanning to a USB works) the printer gives me an error.  It feeds one sheet halfway through the printer, pauses and I can hear the cartridge move across the page, feeds the rest of the sheet and half of a second sheet, pauses, gives an a printer out of paper error, then feeds the second sheet the rest of the way through and waits for me to add paper and press OK.

I have tried pressing OK and went 7 times of the exact same cycle every time before giving up and cancelling.

I have taken off the access door on the back and reset it, thinking something could have jiggled loose.  I have unplugged from the device, from the outlet, let sit, unplugged, for upwards of an hour, and plugged everything back in.  All to no avail.  

Help!  Smiley Happy

Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (692 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro L7780 won't print

[ Edited ]

Hello tdhoobyar, 

Please click here to access the troubleshooting steps that should resolve the issue.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (683 Views)

Re: HP OfficeJet Pro L7780 won't print

I have tried those solutions, although they say they are for problems when the printer won't feed paper.  My printer IS feeding paper, it's just not recognizing it.  It feeds 1/2 of the first sheet, the cartridge moves, then feeds the rest of sheet 1, half of sheet 2, then says out of paper.  When I press OK it does the same cycle over and over.

So it IS feeding paper, it is not printing on it or recognizing when it's feeding it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation