Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows XP

Hello and scuse me for my bad english language.

I have bought few days ago, an Officejet 4650 and i hav placed it into my office connected via Wireless lan.

I have some Pc connected and my hope is printing from any pc to the Officejet.

All pc are running xp professional service pack 3.

Two pc have done installation ok and are printing ok.

But one pc, seems to have some problem and it is impossible to print.

Installation has gone ok, but when i try to print, nothing is doing on the printer......

Changing the driver in some other Hp printer driver, the Officejet print something, but obviously it is an unreadable result....... but it means pc and printer are connected.

I have tryed to use your "HP print doctor" software and it was able to print a very perfect page using "direct stamp", so, it means pc "can" print on the Officejet......

But even updating software, the problem is not solved, so, i don't know what i can try to do more than i have tryed and i am asking your help.

I hope you have understood my bad language and you can help me to solve the problem.

Best regard

Ema from Italy

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can check if that particular PC is XP 64-bit?

This printer only supports XP 32-bit. That could be the reason for the issue.

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for the reply.

The pc is XP 32-bit.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

If you are not sure how to do this, the following resource will walk you through the steps:

How to Uninstall Download & Reinstall a Printer software

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Hello and thank for your reply.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the full feature software as you have suggested, but i still have no response from the printer.

HP Recommended

I have on the same lan another pc with similar configuration running the same operating system (xp professional with service pack 3) and the printer works fine with this pc.

So, surely in the first pc, i have some setting wrong..... i am spending many time looking for the problem, but i am not able to solve.

Scuse me again for my bad english.

Any help is the welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi @odt,

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Let us know if that works!

HP Recommended

The downloadable file is not for win xp.

HP Recommended

Hi,

OK. XP is an old OS that Windows has stopped supporting.

Not sure what else you can do, perhaps an OS upgrade?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I need to use the printer in my office and many software we use are old and only run on Xp.

So, changing the operative system, i should change the software too.

But remember! In one other pc running xp, printer works fine.

So, i need to find where the difference is.

And remember also, changing the drivers with a different Hp printer, pc and the printer can communicate. Obviously, the printing is unreadable, but they can communicate.

I hope i have explained and you have understood, because i know my english is bad....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.