Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6500A Plus E710nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Officejet 6500A Plus E710n-z drivers were installed and both the computer and printer are connected successfully to the same Wifi network. We just can't connect any of our computers to the printer. The setup program just says "unable to find printer" and the search fails every time.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-6500a-e-all-in-one-printer-series-e710/...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, although I am running Windows 8.1.  Tried your recommended driver several times, still no connection either wireles or ethernet cable.  My printer worked perfectly wirelessly since I bought it, now the computer cannot find it.  Feels like inbuilt obsolescence to me.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Here's some wireless troubleshooting steps ;

Solve wireless problems

1. Make sure the printer is not connected to the network through an Ethernet cable

Wireless does not work if the printer is connected to the network through an Ethernet cable. Disconnect the

Ethernet cable from the printer.

1. Make sure the wireless light is turned on

If the blue light on the printer control panel is not lit, wireless might be turned off. To turn on wireless, touch

or swipe down the tab at the top of a screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Wireless), touch

(Settings). Touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless to turn it on.

If the blue wireless light is blinking, it means the printer is not connected to a network. Use the Wireless Setup

Wizard available from the printer control panel to make a wireless connection. Touch or swipe down the tab at

the top of a screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Wireless), touch (Settings). Touch Wireless

Settings, touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the onscreen instructions.

1. Make sure the computer or the mobile device is connected to the wireless network

Make sure your computer or mobile device is connected to your wireless network. If you cannot connect the

computer to the network, contact the person who set up your network or the router manufacturer; there might

be a hardware issue with the router or computer.

1. Restart components of the wireless network

Turn off the router and the printer, and then turn them back on in this order: router first and then printer.

Sometimes, turning off devices and then turning them back on helps resolve network communication issues.

If you still cannot connect, turn off the router, the printer, and the computer, and then turn them back on in this

order: router first, then printer, and then computer

Still have problems? Visit the HP Wireless Printing Center (www.hp.com/go/wirelessprinting). This website

contains the most complete, up-to-date information about wireless printing, as well as information to help you

prepare your wireless network; solve problems when connecting the printer to the wireless network; and resolve

security software issues.

Note: If you are using a computer running Windows, you can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, which can help

solve many problems you might have with the printer. To download this tool, visit www.hp.com/go/tools.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Hi Greenturtle,

I've already done everything you listed(as it's the information HP provides in their help section). The HP print and scan doctor looked very promising but at the last minute it reverted to looking exactly like the normal wireless set up and fails at the stage where it asks me to enter in the IP address and then tells me it's the incorrect IP.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Unfortunately, I have done all of those steps, at least four or five times, and still my computer cannot find my printer, despite the wireless being connected according to the printer. I have tried several different drivers and ensured they were updated, still same result.   I am now reduced to labouriously saving to HD cards. A process which requires far more time than wireless or ethernet, both of which worked perfectly in the past.

I can only repeat - inbuilt obsolescence.  Incredibly annoying given that my ink cartridges are almost full, and incompatible with the newer range of printers available, so I will be forced to fork out twice as much to replace my printer.  Which is a necessary evil due to the number of documents I am required to print, sign, scan and email these days.

Suffice to say I will be exploring other brands for my next printer purchase.  I am disgusted by this fault, which does appear to be deliberate, to force me to upgrade when I already have a machine which has no physical faults, this is obviously a software issue and I suspect it was deliberately made  and distributed via a so-called 'HP update'.

HP Recommended

Hi,

What antivirus software are you using?

Whare router brand / model are you using?

Would you have a chance to try out the printer in another environment with another router and PC and see if the issue is there?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I've tried three different routers, and the antivirus software has been turned off to do the installs.  I'm not an idiot.

Basically, I can see no other explanation than an update issue causing my problem, as everything worked perfectly until I allowed automatic updates from HP.  

I also see that HP will not admit to this or assist me, I am only posting to warn other people of the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Did trying to install with a USB connection work?

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.