Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612 Wide Format
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to print PDF from computer. Print Dialog box does not display all paper size options regardless of default configuration or selection of paper size in the printer configuration. 11X17 paper is in the printer and configured as default. Only four options are available: Letter, Legal, A4, and Executive. Nothing wider than 8.5" is available, and this printer has settings up to 13X19 supposedly.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

http://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-7610-wide-format-e-all-in-one-series/51...

Please select the correct operating system.

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

The print sizes you want should be there.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you refer to Adobe's print dialog or HP's interface?

From Adobe open the Print dialog. ensure the HP Officejet 7610 / 7612 printer is selected within the Printer drop-down menu and then click the Properties button.

What sizes can you see within the Paper Sizes drop down menu?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I am referring to the printer dialog box that opens from Adobe Acrobat DC. It only shows four sizes: Letter, Legal, Executive, and A4. I have set up the printer correctly, including setting the DEFAULT size to 11X17. But Adobe cannot see it.

If I look in the dialog box for the HP printer itself, YES, it shows all the options that the printer is supposed to have. BUT, you CAN'T USE THEM if the application can't see them in the printer, right?

I am not even going to waste paper testing this, because Adobe and HP are obviously not communicating correctly. It is either an Adobe problem, or an HP driver problem, or an irreconcilable printer-driver/application imcompatibility.

I have gone to the HP website and attempted to download the latest drivers. The website checked the computer and I have the latest drivers. NO UPDATES are available.

Does anyone know this answer?? Where is HP on this? I have a new printer and they leave me to this forum!!!! AGGGGGGGhhhrr!!!!

HP Recommended
Spoiler

Sorry, same problem,  only I need to print 13x19.... I was hoping they had a fix for you...

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

http://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-7610-wide-format-e-all-in-one-series/51...

Please select the correct operating system.

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

The print sizes you want should be there.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Greenturtle,

Thanks very much for your advice. All the print size options are now visible in Acrobat Reader DC. I am glad someone from HP is watching. I hope you can help improve the product and get rewarded.

The reason I missed this is that I used only the disc to load the software. To improve the disc instructions, I suggest that they state the driver software is a simpler version, and not the "full-featured" version. I don't recall seeing any reference as such, and I have used it twice now. Or, put both options directly on the disk.

I assume that if you load from the website as suggested early in the disc instructions, the options are clearly stated there. I will try that on the third and subsequent computers.

Thanks again for your help!

chrichardsm6

HP Recommended

Hi @chrichardsm6,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

after nuch wasted paper and ink...I read until my eyes hurt. but thesetting SuperB will give you a perfect 13x19 print. My model is 7610 but through whateve when I come to this page the model number is 7612. Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.