Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Forum,

I recently had my printer serviced. Since I reconnected it I have lost my network printing capability to my laptop. The printer is connected to my tower and it prints fine from there. I tried loading the install / setup CD to get to the network connectivity process but (I'm assuming given the many Windows 7 updates since I purchased the printer & my system) all I get is the error message; "The OS on this computer is not supported - current OS: 601.64".

Does anyone know how to reconnect my network printing capability without using the 'Setup / Install' CD? Is there a CD upgrade (software download) that I can use to perform the network connectivity option?

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @djpprint,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are interested in connecting your HP Officejet 8000 to your wireless network.

Please get started here: Setting Up the Printer for a Wired or Wireless Network for the HP Officejet Pro 8000 Printer Series

I will also leave you the software and driver link for the OJ 8000:

HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver

I hope this helps!

Let me know the outcome. If this resolves the issue please let others know by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the "Thumbs up" below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @djpprint,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are interested in connecting your HP Officejet 8000 to your wireless network.

Please get started here: Setting Up the Printer for a Wired or Wireless Network for the HP Officejet Pro 8000 Printer Series

I will also leave you the software and driver link for the OJ 8000:

HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver

I hope this helps!

Let me know the outcome. If this resolves the issue please let others know by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the "Thumbs up" below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.