Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro A909g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have gone to the HP website to install all the drivers for Windows10 64 bit. I installed them.

I can print from printer if USB connected and that would be fine is I could also scan from USB since I give up printing or scanning on Windows 10.

I downloaded the print/scan doctor also and ran it, but that didn't help. Itjust tells me I need to do complete install and leads me back to

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8500-All-in-One-Printer-series---A909/3752454/m...

I've been going in circles. I have no idea why this is so difficult.  I just want to print and scan with the danged printer.

The printer is set up wireless and computer is wireless but they don't ead each other.

When I go to HP Solution center, this is the message I get:

HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete. Pleaseplug in the USB cable or re-run the setup program from the installation disc for a network installation.

If this does not complete the installation, or you do not have the CD, access the HP help files by clicking the Start menu.

How do I complete installation. I went here and downladed the drivers. What else isthere to do?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8500-All-in-One-Printer-series---A909/3752454/m...

I've been working on this all day and tired of it...nothing I try works.

Thanks for any help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please install software and drivers (downloaded file) and select wireless, not USB  or Please try:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help2.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

Hi,

Please install software and drivers (downloaded file) and select wireless, not USB  or Please try:

http://www8.hp.com/au/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help2.html

Regards.

Thanks so much for the quick response. I did select wireless but my laptop (windows 10) can't find it so I can't install it. I think that's my issue. I just can't install it on the computer. That's why I hooked up the laptop to printer via USB so that I could at least print. I need to be able to scan. I dont' mind scanning via USB but there is no Solution center on desktop because I can't get software on computer.
I go directly to the printer and select scan to email or computer and says network issue. Is there a way I can simply use the scanner on the printer via USB at least? Every option I tried gave me errors.
Thanks so much!!

HP Recommended

>>> Is there a way I can simply use the scanner on the printer via USB at least? Every option I tried gave me errors.

@onthemove123

Unfortunately no, printer must be connected to the internet to be able to scan to email. Option, please try the following steps

(a) Scan as normal,

(b) Save to your computer,

(c) Open your normal email and compose new email,

(d) Attach saved images/files (scanned items) to your email and send.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

There was an option to scan to flash drive or memory card. There are slots for those on the printer. I didn't have a card with me to test, but I imagine that one would show an error also....don't you think? If that option would work, then I could scan to memory card on the printer right?

I've had quite a few issues with this HP. I think what I'll do is use up all the ink and then go purchase me an updated Canon printer/scanner that is more dependable. This HP has been a headache. Unfortunatly I can never recommend a HP printer to anyone. I do lofe my HP computer monitor. I've had it for at least 8 years and still going strong...never even a hiccup. I hate this printer though.

HP Recommended

>>> If that option would work, then I could scan to memory card on the printer right?

Hi,

Yes, as mentioned on page 52 of the User Guide:

You can send the scanned image as a JPEG image or a PDF file to the memory card that is currently inserted, or to a storage device that is currently attached to the front USB port. You also have other scanning options, including quality and paper size settings.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

>>> If that option would work, then I could scan to memory card on the printer right?

Hi,

Yes, as mentioned on page 52 of the User Guide:

You can send the scanned image as a JPEG image or a PDF file to the memory card that is currently inserted, or to a storage device that is currently attached to the front USB port. You also have other scanning options, including quality and paper size settings.

Regards.

Thanks. Will give this a try...not near printer today though. So disappointed when I downloaded new Windows 10 drivers from HP website, I lost wireless capabilities for printing.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.