Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PSC 1315 Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been using this printer on many computers and I just went from Windows XP to Windows 7 on my desk top. It works fine on my laptop which has Windows 7 and I downloaded the drivers for my laptop from your website. The drivers load but when I add  device (Printer) it comes back with "Devcie does not appear to be connected" but when instructed to connect the computer to the printer, I do so and the computer beeps that the printer is connected.  Ii is like the  printer is not rcognized when searched for adding it.  Your website does see it and calls it outbecause I let the HP site find it and I also added it manually.  Does anyone have a driver CD for the PSC1310 series that I can use to load my drivers?  Thanks, Ron 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Ron,

Have you tried the following drivers for your printer?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/psc1310/AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe

The original CD was made much prior Windows 7 release and it is incompatible with it.

From your PC open the Control Panel and Select Device and Pritners.

Right click the background area and select Device Manager.

Expend the Universal Series Bus Controller category.

Ensure the printer is connected and powered on, then unplug the USB from teh printer. can you see any change within the USB category once plugging or unplugging the USB cable?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Ron,

Have you tried the following drivers for your printer?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/psc1310/AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe

The original CD was made much prior Windows 7 release and it is incompatible with it.

From your PC open the Control Panel and Select Device and Pritners.

Right click the background area and select Device Manager.

Expend the Universal Series Bus Controller category.

Ensure the printer is connected and powered on, then unplug the USB from teh printer. can you see any change within the USB category once plugging or unplugging the USB cable?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Perfect!!  You just resolved something that I have been trying to accomplish for days. My many thanks to your expertise!!!

HP Recommended

Trying to set up my printer on a new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit - so can I DL/use the hp 1310 driver?

Why doesn't hp simple say that it is applicable, it that is the case? Thanks.

HP Recommended

OK from another post I see someone used the 1310 DL for his 1315, so thanks, am doing that now.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the recommendation. I have tried everything that anyone has suggested. It appears that it was a result of my Windows 7 not updating since Nov 2016. Since many Windows 7 users had the same problem, it may have been due to Microsoft holding out on Windows 7 updates during the 1st part of 2017 in hopes of forcing them to Windows 10.  My computer recognized the printer but would not update the drivers. The same problem on the update occurred with my laptop. Now they both update automatically and the printer downloads worked off the HP site.

HP Recommended

1. Check Window bits whether it is Window 32 bit or 64 bit.

2. Download HP 1315 or 1310 Drivers accordingly.

3. Try connecting printer usb to other USB ports in your computer or laptop.

I changed my USB port and downloaded latest Driver from HP site. It works for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.