Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photo Creations
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having a problem trying to install HP Photo Creations.

When I try and download and install, it downloads, and attempts to install.

However, I am then met by an error message (error code 80004005:1) stating "Unable to complete initialisation. Please try reinstalling."

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Followed your instructions.

Appears to be working now.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you're well @mjbj,

I came across your post about the error code you're receiving when trying to install Photo Creations, and wanted to reach out to help.

Please let me know which printer model you are trying to install, and which file you are trying to download. If you could send me the link to what you're trying to install, I will have a look at it.

In the meantime, try making a copy from your printer to test the hardware, if the copies work, the printer is alright, let me know what happens.

Also try downloading the software using a different web browser, if you're using Edge, try FireFox or Google Chrome, etc.

I hope to hear from you.

Click the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has reached a resolution! Hit the thumbs up below to like my post or show thanks to me for lending a hand! 🙂

Have a great day:D

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The printer model is C5280 All-in-One.

The program file is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\HP Photo Creations\PhotoProduct.exe"

it's a link on the desktop, after having recently updated the rest of the software.

The printer itself is working fine as far as I know.

HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back to me mjbj,

I would suggest trying a complete uninstall to begin.

Restart the computer after the uninstall. and then run the Printer Install Wizard to install the full software and driver.

If there is any issues reinstalling, try a Clean Boot and then run the install wizard: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Let me know what happens!

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Here is a list of the HP software currently on this PC.  Presumably, you want all of it uninstalled?

HP Update Hewlett-Packard 26-Dec-14 13.9 MB 5.005.002.002
HP Customer Participation Program 14.0 HP 19-Jun-16 14.0
HP Imaging Device Functions 14.0 HP 19-Jun-16 14.0
HP Photosmart All-In-One Driver Software HP 19-Jun-16 14.0
HP Photosmart All-In-One Driver Software 13.0 Rel. 2 HP 10-Dec-15 13.0
HP Photosmart Essential 3.5 HP 10-Dec-15 3.5
HP Smart Web Printing 4.51 HP 10-Dec-15 4.51
HP Solution Center 14.0 HP 19-Jun-16 14.0
HP Support Assistant HP 19-Jun-16 15.6 MB 8.2.8.25
HP Support Solutions Framework HP 19-Jun-16 8.27 MB 12.4.18.7

Shop for HP Supplies HP 19-Jun-16 14.0
HP Photo Creations HP Photo Creations Powered by RocketLife 19-Jun-16 14.6 MB 1.0.0.2024

Thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

Hey there mjbj,

I wanted to ensure you're installing the correct software for your printer. Can you send me the link to the file you are trying to download?

For example, the entire printer software are driver is located here: PS_AIO_02_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_140.exe

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

(It looks as though I have two versions of the All-In-One Driver software which may be a cause.)

As for the HP Photo Creations, a desktop link was created by the other updates.  On opening, it gives two options:

Download from the internet and install HP Photo Creations now.

Or: Leave a desktop icon to download and install later.

The second option doesn't work. The first option is where I run into trouble trying to install and get the error code.

Thanks for your reply, and bearing with me. 

HP Recommended

Hi MJ.

I checked with our tech support team. They haven't seen this error before, but suspect that it's due to a corrupt Windows update or patch on your computer. They suggest visiting the Microsoft Fix-It solution center here: 

https://support2.microsoft.com/fixit/

If that doesn't work, please contact hpsupport@rocketlife.com. If desired, we can set up a "connect session" to look inside your computer and try to find the problem.

Thank you,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

Will try your fixit soon.

HP Recommended

Sorry, just tried your link and that didn't work.  It took me to a Solution Centre, but wasn't sure what to do from there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.