Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 2575
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I know that this device is old and de-supported and hence I realise that this is a very long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone has found a way of getting a networked HP Photosmart 2575 to work from Windows 10 (Home, 64 bit)?

I did a clean install of WIndows 10 so have no legacy drivers on the system and neither Windows "advanced priner setup" nor HP's Printer Install Wizard has been any use.  Out of desperation I even tried the original media but it does an O/S check so will not work wither.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

A very long shot indeed but still, I guess it's your lucky day 😉

Download and install the following software, it is intended for Windows 10 and for the Photosmart 2575:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL30951/mp-110165-3/AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

@NeilPalfreyman

I have no idea whether it will work; I did find a Windows 7 version of the Full Feature Software that you can download and try.

HP Photosmart 2575 All-in-One - DriversCollection

The file downloads OK.  I scanned the file with Avast Premier - clean.

You might try to run / install the program in compatibility mode.

Barring that, it may be time to think about a shiny, new HP printer to run with your new Windows 10.

================================================

Edits / 19-Jan-2016:

NOTE >> Thanks and Kudos belong to  ShlomiL  for the solution (shown in the next Post in this Thread):

...the Photosmart 2575:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL30951/mp-110165-3/AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe

================================================

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

A very long shot indeed but still, I guess it's your lucky day 😉

Download and install the following software, it is intended for Windows 10 and for the Photosmart 2575:

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Sorry Dragon-Fur - this didn't work.  It extracts but doesn't give an installation option.  However the solution posted below works fine.  Many thanks for your assistance.

HP Recommended

Thanks you so much, Shlomi.  This worked fine, with the exception that the package tries to install the bing toolbar and fails due to it being a later version of the browser.  But, the driver seems to work fine so far so thank you.

Sorry for the delay in responding - this is the first opportunity I had to check the thread since I posted.

HP Recommended

@NeilPalfreyman

I am very glad it is fixed.

@ShlomiL is a highly valued colleague - I was able to converse with him on this subject after he posted the installation package and I learned quite a bit -- Always a plus and worth having been wrong.  Smiling.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

thanks for your share. Also I using this software and hp drivers for my HP Photosmart 2575. Successful.

HP Recommended

Try as I may,   it doesn`t take. I need 32 bit for Windows 10 driver for HP 2575  All in one printer

HP Recommended

Worked very well. I had the Hp Photosmart all in in 2575. After installing Windows 10 the printer worked but the scanner stopped. It appears at this time the download has corrected my problems. GREAT! I had tried everything else I knew and was about to file 13 it and regret I went to Windows 10 but will give it a chance now.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.It helped me a lot as I had lost my original CD and I had to load on Windows 10.

Both reasons why I was lost before your suggestion.

Thank you again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.