Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Okay, so I tried the Driver update route as suggested - it did not work for me. I still get the same error message, that Windowws 10 does not support Photosmart 2575 software.  Funny, it ran just fine up until two weeks ago, when a security update I  allowed destroyed my machine (it would not boot up aftwards) and I had to re-install the operating system (Windows 10).  There's a lot more to this story, my agony and the many things I have tried, none of which has worked. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.  FYI I have the CD that came with the printer and the software on the CD is what I have been trying to install.

HP Recommended

This seems to be the problem we're all having.

The drivers survive windows upgrades, however not re-installs.

Even though this is "not supported"< just chucking in landfill and buying another cannot be the only answer for a working device!

HP Recommended

Try / Consider:

• Ensure the printer is plugged into wall socket (not power strip)
  • Switch off Fast Start / Fast Boot
  • Ensure that HP Drivers (or those drivers for your computer vendor) are installed - printer software likes updated drivers
  • Remove the remnants of the previous printer software installation from the Temp Folder (Disk Cleanup)
  • Before attempting reinstall - remove previous printer software from Programs and Features
  • Consider restarting everything, including router
  • Printer likes a Static IP address (outside of DHCP range used for computer(s) on the same network
  • Odd things happen - reset / recreate the TCP/IP port

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Install Full Feature Software - Printer

Section(s):

• The Windows 10 Printer Frenzy (includes link to TCP/IP Port setup)
  • Bits and Drivers
    • Troubleshooting Document / Install Help Document

No guarantees!

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Shlomil's download works perfectly.

It took a long time to download because the download kept stopping but a click on pause and resume got it going again.

The installation took ages but was worth it.

Thanks Shlomil.

HP Recommended

I used it and it worked, thank you

HP Recommended
Hi,

I had the same issue: printer was detected by the installer but had the "Printer setup has failed to complete" error.

What worked was the following:

First install the printer using the "Add a printer" wizard in Windows. The important step is to click the Windows Update button so "Photosmart 2570 series" appears in the driver list. Pay attention to the multiple items for HP in the manufacturer list. Do not select the one saying "Fax". This installs the full driver with all functionality.

If you don't need to install the scanner, this is all you need to do.

Otherwise, execute the installer provided above and this time it will succeed, installing the driver for the scanner as well. Scanning now works using the HP software but also other software like NAPS2 for example, which I personally prefer.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Matt
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.