Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue on windows 8.1

I tried this software and right at the end when "configuring device" it fails with a fatal error.

Any ideas on how to get this printer to work in Windows 8,1?

Thanks

Dave

HP Recommended

@wcndave

Well, Windows 10 is certainly not the same OS it was last July.  Windows 8,1 should be stable.

I honestly don't know why you cannot install - I can run through a partial install of the initial software package; I don't have the printer and cannot test "connect the printer".

Have you switched on Network Discovery and Print Sharing?

Control Panel > icon view > Network and Sharing Center

If all else fails, you might try the Add-a-Printer procedure.  Assuming it works, you will have basic printing support, nothing fancy.

Remember to click "Windows Update" (in the little "Install the printer driver" window) -- the "update" gathers the latest Windows drivers for the many, many printers that Windows drivers support.  It can take several minutes for the list to complete, even on a fast Internet connection...

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Printing Preferences

See Sections:

• Alternate Print Driver
  • Example Add a Printer

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

print sharing etc is on.

I tried add a printer first.

I tried just plugging it in and waiting for it to auto "do it's thing"

I tried from device manager, to "update driver"

The list of printers when I do a manual add does not even include the 2570 series.

Nothing I do seems to get this to work.

I just love it when some hardware that should last many years has to be replaced, costing us time, money and environment, because the big suppliers agree not to support devices after just a few years.

It really does suck.

HP Recommended

The links and fixes you send work for the time being but my 2570 series HP printer problem is ongoing: I wind up reinstaling the software every time I need to print.

HP Recommended

@wcndave

@Kemosabe1

I sympathize with your situation.

My own experience is that hardware  - regardless of the device type and the manufacturer - sometimes lasts longer than does the support for that device.  

At the moment I have nothing else useful to contribute; I will graciously withdraw.

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you please send the solution, I am having the same issue, HP Photosmart 2575 printer at the end manages to detect but failes with the below message.

"Printer Setup has failed to complete. Click Retry, no matter how many times i click it doesnt work.

It was all fine, untill i had a problem with my PC, and had to format it.

Using Windows 10 x64 bit.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

HP Recommended

It all helps

HP Recommended

It all helps Amar.

HP Recommended

Anything?

We all know that this printer CAN work on windows 10/8 as we've had them working.  However when you do a re-install there is no driver, and it stops working, but given we know it can, there must be a solution out there somewhere...

It's really not great for our finances, approach to tech, environment etc, to suddenly have everyone throw these printers, which have been working perfectly, into the landfill....

HP Recommended

anything?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.