Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Purchased new HP Pro 3500 series MT tower to replace old HP Windows XP tower.  Want to use HP Photosmart C4180 printer that I used with old tower and have the HP Solution Center available.   Data was transferred from the old hard drive to new HP tower.  I then downloaded the printer driver and connected using USB cable.  The printer will now print and scan but I can't find the HP Solution Center software that I previously used when scanning and editing photos.  I do not recall if I did a basic install or full install for the driver.  If I did do a basic install and don't have updated software for the Solution Center, will I need to uninstall and reinstall drivers for this function to work?  Would appreciate a step-by-step help to solve this problem.  Thanks so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info regarding your OS.  And no need to apologize! 

That's very odd that you do not see your printer listed in the Programs list (no - it would not be the HP Support Solutions Framework).  That leads me to believe your printer is not actually installed.  If it were, you should see something like this (note that I have more printers installed than a regular user Smiley Happy)

programs.PNG

So...if you don't see your HP Photosmart C4180 listed here, then I would say to go ahead and try to install the full driver.  The instructions in my previous post would be the same, but since you have Windows 7, this would be the right document to help walk you through the steps.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Yes, you would need to install the full driver to get the Solution Center software.  Just give me one moment and I'll be back with instructions.  In the meantime, can you tell me what Operating System your new tower has?

HP Recommended

Ok, you can uninstall the current driver for your C4180 by following the instructions in this document.  You would need to expand the plus sign (+) next to the Operating System you are running on your new tower - I'm guessing Windows 8 and follow those instructions.

Next, you'll want to download the Full driver.

To do this, go to the product support page for your Photosmart C4180 All-in-One Printer on the hp website, located here.

Once on the product page, click on Drivers.  The dropdown under 'Select or confirm your operating system and click next' should already identify your Operating System, but if not, select your operating system (again - guessing Windows 8 and you can select 32-bit or 64-bit, it doesn't matter which one) and click on the blue Next button.

Scroll down on the page and expland the + sign next to Driver - Product Installation Software (1).  Click on the blue Download button next to 'HP Photosmart C3100/C4100 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver'.  And follow the instructions from there.  This should install the HP Solution Center software.

This hp support document for Windows 8 can also help walk you through the steps.   It includes a link to the HP Printer Install Wizard which can try and automatically install the printer for you, if you'd like.  The important part here is that you want the FULL driver.  Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Currently using Windows 7.  I understand the process but when going to uninstall via Control Panel, under Programs, uninstall programs, I do not see the printer listed.  The only HP item I think it might be is HP Support Solutions Framework.  Could that be it?  Sorry, I am not very tech-smart.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info regarding your OS.  And no need to apologize! 

That's very odd that you do not see your printer listed in the Programs list (no - it would not be the HP Support Solutions Framework).  That leads me to believe your printer is not actually installed.  If it were, you should see something like this (note that I have more printers installed than a regular user Smiley Happy)

programs.PNG

So...if you don't see your HP Photosmart C4180 listed here, then I would say to go ahead and try to install the full driver.  The instructions in my previous post would be the same, but since you have Windows 7, this would be the right document to help walk you through the steps.

HP Recommended

Tara,  Thanks so much for your help.  Everything is now installed and operational!

HP Recommended

Awesome!  Thanks so much for letting me know.  I always love good news!  Happy printing!

HP Recommended

An easy question if you work for HP Where are the printer basic drivers located ? I have problems with the FULL set I didn't use them whenI actually had them downloaded in XP. I am now using Windows 8.1

THANKS IF YOU CAN HELP.

COYS C : - D

HP Recommended

Hmmm, good question.  I do not see a Basic driver on the web site.  Let me look into it and see if I can't get it out there.  I'll update when I have more information. 

HP Recommended

My C4180 Photosmart printer has stop printing from Word Why. Are my drivers need to be updated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.