Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just purchased HP M6/1125DX/15j with Windows 8. My current HP printer is an HP Photosmart C6380 All In One.  The printer does work but the photo part and scanning icons no longer appear that were on my desktop before. I tried to download the whole program that said would update my printer but after 6 tries at an hour each, at the end it just said my download was cancelled. Is there any chance my printer will be supported by Windows 8 and how do I do that if I can't download.  Or am I stuck buying a new printer? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The C6380 is supported in Windows 8 and has a Full Solution Download.  I would try using the Print Install Wizard to help download and install the drivers.

Try this link for the Print Install Wizard.

Print Install Wizard

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up + in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

The C6380 is supported in Windows 8 and has a Full Solution Download.  I would try using the Print Install Wizard to help download and install the drivers.

Try this link for the Print Install Wizard.

Print Install Wizard

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up + in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I did find a link for downloading for my C6380 and Windows 8.  My first try was unsuccessful due to I kept fighting the Ink System Failure code which I have had for several months. I figured that was the only thing holding up my download. I had tried everything to get rid of this error using suggestions supplied by HP help.  Finally I got up the nerve to clean the print head.  I did that and at first had a lot of error messages to replace all the cartridges, which I did not do. I turned off the printer and on and then got another error message about one cartridge being damaged.  I lifted out said cartridge and put it back in. Then this happened with another cartridge so I removed it and put it back in and turned computer off and on.  Then it said all was ok but had an alignment error.  Ran a second aignment run and had another error.  I gently moved the print head about an inch to the right and tried again.  The alignment came back ok but I still have a light black (about 1/2" wide) line running down the center of my page.  At least everything is printing and I can now use my scan and photo printing and HP Solutions.  I'll have to see about the line running down the center. Maybe it is just some ink that will fade away.  I could not believe all the gunk of ink that was on the printer head. What a mess. Hope this helps someone to keep trying even if they get error messages about the cartridges.  I know that belongs under another forum but maybe someone can use the info. Thanks All

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a similar problem with compatibility of Photosmart C6380 and Windows RT. The system tells me tha the printer in incompatible with this version of Windows.

Could you confirm if there is, in fact, compatibility? if so, which is the best way to overcome this problem?

Best regards.

HP Recommended
Hello everyone!

Some months ago I reported the lack of compatibility between HP Photosmart C6380 and Windows RT. Unfortunately it still holds truth.

I managed to do some turn around that half-solved the problem:
- In the control panel > printers
- add printer (here the device will recognise the printer but I already know it does not have the drivers necessary to be compatible)
- so, I select the option of adding from na IP address
- then choose a model available from the list that might suit the connection (for example, HP Photosmart C4600 series)

The worst part it that I still cannot use the scanner function from this Windows RT device. But at least I can print.

Does anyone know if HP will ever add this model (HP Photosmart C6380) to the least of compatible model? It surely isn't such na old model.

Best regards.
HP Recommended

Hello Miguel-C. The only option available is to download the HP Printer Install Wizard, and it will attempt to guide you to possibly finding a driver that will work on Windows RT. If this does not work, there is no other supported solution. You will find the link to the Install Wizard below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Hello Mario,

Thank you for reply. However, you solution points to an .exe file that Windows RT cannot run.
HP Recommended

In that case, we have no supported solution to get this printer working on Windows RT.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
That Is very unfortunate, but thank you for your answer.
HP Recommended

This thread has been locked, For more information on HPPIW please refer to the following support document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02681060

The HP Printer Install Wizard is a support application from HP that assisted in downloading printer software. This support application is no longer supported by HP. The last update to this software was on September 22, 2015.

To download and install the latest version of software for your HP printer, please visit 123.hp.com, HP support website, or HP Support Assistant (in English).

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.