Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6510 all in one
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi.

I am using an Apple Mac  OS X EL Capitan, Version 10.11.6. I updated it a short time ago.......... My problem is, i am using a HP Photosmart 6510 all in one Printer, and since updatiny my Mac to OS X EL Capitan, my Printer will not work with the new system. Can anybody tell me if there is an update for this please?

I tried Uninstalling the Printer, and Re installing again, but was not able to Reinstall from the CD supplied. Got message Unsupported. The CD supports only..Mac OS X v10.5......v10.6....v10.7....Version 12.14.0

Any help Appreiciated. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the link below to check that you have the most up to date software and drivers installed rather than using the disc and then try the steps I had outlined again.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-6510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---B2/5058334/mode...

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try removing the printer and then re-adding it by opening the preferences tab and then selecting "printers & scanners".

From there, click the minus sign under the printer icon to remove the printer and then re-add it using the plus sign.

This often helps if you are experienceing connectivity issues.

If you still can't find the printer, I would try the steps with the usb connected and if a wireless connection is established, then remove it.

If the issue persists, restart your mac and try again and if this doesn't help, then restart your router also.

Printer Utility.JPG

"

HP Recommended

Hi Donal, and thanks for your response to my problem.

I Uninstalled, the Printer, but when i went to Reinstall it again, using the CD Disc that came with the Printer, i am getting the message 

( Unsupported Operating System )

This installer is not compatible with the version of the operating system on your computer. It is compatible only with 10.7.....and below. for more information, visit www.hp.com

I am using........OS X El Capitan....Version 10.11.6

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use the link below to check that you have the most up to date software and drivers installed rather than using the disc and then try the steps I had outlined again.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-6510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---B2/5058334/mode...

"

HP Recommended

Hi Donal,

Did that, and it was updated right away. Thank you very much for your help and assistance in this. Very satisfied with the outcome overall.

Great to be up and running again after so long.

Excellent outcome, and thanks again!

HP Recommended

Glad to hear it worked :generic:

"

HP Recommended

Kudos.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.