Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C4640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I Print 2 5x7 pictures on one sheet of 8x10 paper? I want to print the same photo twice on a single sheet.

I'm using the software that came with the printer and while it does have a 2 per sheet 5x7 template you can't print the same picture. When I try it gives the error "you are already printing this picture, pick another one".  Weird.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@fredrock1

Copy the photo you want to duplicate to a different name.

Add copy1, then add copy2

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@fredrock1

Printer:  HP Photosmart C4640 All-in-One Printer

I doubt you can do that with your printer unless it actually does print borderless -- the Specifications do not include any information on borderless printing and that is usually an indication that the printer does not support this feature.

So, supposing the photo set must include a border:

The size of the paper you are using (8X10 in) complicates the issue in that there is not room on the paper for two copies of the photo along with the necessary border (not a large border, just whatever is the minimum for your printer).

If you can get a hold of some 8.5" X 11" inch paper for the print, you can at least print the two photos next to each other and they will be nearly the size you expect.  (Best print on plain paper first to be sure.)

HP Photos Creations reportedly works on Windows 10 -- the basic program is free.

Download and install the program > open program > Prints > All Prints >

scroll down and choose 5X7 Multi-up Prints

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You can easily print the same photo twice on a sheet of paper in Windows Photo Viewer, too -- Unfortunately, Windows 10 has hidden Windows Photo Viewer down deep in the Operating System and you have to add a hack to find and use the program.   Mutter, grumble...

How to Make Windows Photo Viewer Your Default Image Viewer on Windows 10

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I agree with Dragon-Fur: If your printer doesn't support borderless printing, you could still fit two 5x7s on an 8½x11 sheet. With a borderless printer, you could use 8x10 instead.

These screenshots show the settings with the 5x7 multi-up prints project in HP Photo Creations.

To make multiple copies of an image, select the quantity in the menu next to the Print button.

HP Photo Creations is a free download for Mac and Windows at www.hp.com/go/hppc.

Two 5x7 on 8.5x11

Two 5x7 on borderless 8x10

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

Actually I am using 8½x11 photo paper. I was mistaken when I said 8X10.

The thing is though the paper size is not the problem.  It will allow me to print 2 5x7s on a single sheet. It just won't allow me to print 2 copies of the same picture. If I try it just says "you are already printing that photo" which is strange because in your screen shots it shows the pictures loaded up exactly the way I want them. It works just fine if I select a different picture for the second box.

HP Recommended

@fredrock1

Copy the photo you want to duplicate to a different name.

Add copy1, then add copy2

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @fredrock1.

Just to check, are you using HP Photo Creations to print? I don't think we have the error message "you are already printing that photo" or "you are already printing this picture."

To print multiple copies with HP Photo Creations, you set the number of copies in the menu next to the Print button.

Curiously,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

Thank you, I would never thought of that simple solution.

HP Recommended

@fredrock1

You are welcome.

Windows Photo Viewer does provide this simple procedure -- Microsoft has hidden WPV in Windows 10 so you have to "unbury" it.  The (partial) loss of this simple and beloved program in Windows 10 has frustrated a number of users.  Sigh.

If you do make this sort of copy frequently, then copying a photo to yet another name might become irritating simply because now you have more files to track and keep safe.

If you have Office Word available, you might try Inserting two copies of the photo you want to print into a Word file:

• Start a new Word document
  • Select the paper size -- if it gets weird to figure out, you can use Print Preview and set the paper size there.  (May depend on your version of Word.)
  • Set the Word document orientation to landscape,
  • minimize the margins (or create a custom margin) that is within the tolerances of your printer's "must have margin" minimum.
  • INSERT (not copy and paste) the photo into the document, hit the space bar once or twice and Insert another copy of the file next to the first one.
  • "Select" the two photos and "center" the line.

There might be some "wiggle" in this procedure -- it requires that you know the Aspect Ratio of your original photos.  Anyway, it might work and it only requires one original copy of the photo (under the one original name).

Happy Printing!

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.