Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Printer P1102
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear all,

I would like your professional advice if the above model is compatible if I downloaded the PCL 5 driver to my instrument?

Currently, my instrument is a standalone analytical device and it can only recognise the following printer codes:

- Part of ESC/P-raster

- ESC/P-9

- ESC/P-24

- PCL(PCL3、PCL5、PCL5e)

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Dear Professor,

Thank you for your kind and professional advice.

You have been a great help!

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It won't work.

The LaserJet Pro P1102 printer is a host-based device.

This means that it does not support any of the Page Description Languages which you refer to.

It uses a proprietary host-based driver, where most of the work of rendering a page is done on the host workstation; the driver generates and sends to the printer a series of encapsulated, compressed raster images; the printer unencapsulates and uncompresses these images, and just prints the resultant dots.

HP Recommended

Dear Dansdaduk,

Thank you for the prompt professional advice.

I would like to check with you what are the compatible HP printer models I can connect to my instrument?

Will there be any alignment issues?

HP Recommended

>> ... what are the compatible HP printer models I can connect to my instrument? ...

I don't have a list of which HP printers support PCL5, sorry.

... and I don't think that there are any printers still available which just support PCL3 (there are plenty of inkjets printers which use PCL3 GUI, but that 's a rather different 'fork' of the language).

Best thing you can do is choose a selection of LaserJet devices, based on what characteristics you need (mono/colour, simplex/duplex, speed, throughput, etc.), then look closely at the data sheets / specifications of those printers to determine which Page Description Languages (printer languages) are supported. 

You'd need to ask Epson about Esc/P support on their devices.

>> ... Will there be any alignment issues?

I don't know what you are asking here.

HP Recommended
Dear Professor,

Thank you for your kind and professional advice.

You have been a great help!

Have a nice day!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.