Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 1000 J110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is HP Deskjet 1000 J110
Computer is a Dell Inspiron 3647

Computer previously in use, printer previous in use, both working prior to being connected to each other. Printer won't print, but detects printer. Error states that Printer USB 2.0 is plugged into USB 3.0.  However this computer has both 3.0 slots and 2.0 slots.  Regardless have tested all 6 rear and 2 front USB.  Same issue.  Trade cable for a 2.0 cable still persists.

Following has been done as well:

Reinstalled printer software
Uninstalled & reinstalled Printer Drivers
Uninstalled & reinstalled most USB drivers (but not all)
Scanned with Dell's troubleshooting online and passed all tests.
Updated All available drivers from Dell including the intel chipset drivers.

Problem is still persisting and I am open to trying any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mupu2013

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the HP Printer has USB port issue and isn't being detected on the computer,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you out,

Please perform the below steps that should solve the issue:

1.Click Start button on the Computer .
2.then click on Control Panel .
3.then Printers and Faxes
4.On top-left, click on Add a Printer
5.Click on Add a Local Printer
6.Then while "Use an Existing port" is selected , select "Virtual USB port ... " then click Next
7.from the Manufacturer list, select HP, and then under Printers list select HP Deskjet 1000 J110" , then Click next and complete the wizard

If the issue persists, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor using the below URL and run it.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mupu2013

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the HP Printer has USB port issue and isn't being detected on the computer,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you out,

Please perform the below steps that should solve the issue:

1.Click Start button on the Computer .
2.then click on Control Panel .
3.then Printers and Faxes
4.On top-left, click on Add a Printer
5.Click on Add a Local Printer
6.Then while "Use an Existing port" is selected , select "Virtual USB port ... " then click Next
7.from the Manufacturer list, select HP, and then under Printers list select HP Deskjet 1000 J110" , then Click next and complete the wizard

If the issue persists, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor using the below URL and run it.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having a USB problem with my C510a.  I can print over my USB connection, but I cannot scan or run the HP Solution Center.  Solution Center tells me I need to install my driver software.  When I try to install my driver software, I am told that I do not have proper USB driver software, and the install will not proceed.  I tried following the 7 steps below, and I was able to install the printer, but not the driver software.  I then ran the HP Print and Scan doctor and it recognizes my printer on the USB connection, but says I need to load driver software, and provides me with a link to click to do the load.  I click the link and the driver installation begins, and then I get the invalid USB message again.

Print and Scan Doctor is even able to send a test page to my printer and print it out.  I am currently able to use the printer but I am unable to use the scanner function, and I need both.

If I cannot resolve this problem, I will need to replaced the printer, and, if i do, it will probably not be with another HP.  I have great respect fo HP hardware, both computers and printers, but my experience with HP software has been less than satisfactory.   

HP Recommended

@RStriker

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting network scanner error. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

With your post, I understand that you are using windows OS, correct me if I am wrong.

• Restart devices and check driver scan settings.
  • Check Windows Image Acquisition settings.
  • Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If

you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.