Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500 pc series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI Hp members recently I had to have my desktop computer reset so I could get back into it and get back into the desktop.  When I did get my desktop back I went into Settings and system and found out that my desktop computer was not on the lasted build of Windows 10 so I re downloaded the media reastion tool and downloaded and installed the lasted build witch is 1511.  Then I also reinstalled my Hp printer by way of using the install cd for the following hp printer with no errors or problems at all.  What I am having trouble with is that Windows update has the same hp printer software for the hp printer but the issue is that windows update cannot download and install the following Hp printer software because and error keeps coming up details below:

• HP - Printers - HP ENVY 4520 series - Error 0x80240017

I am running Windows 10 home edition.  

I was wondering is their someway to hide this update from windows update on windows 10 please feel free to explain.  I should also mention that I am not comfortable doing stuff to the registry.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @funny35,

I am glad to hear that you were able to find a resolution to the update issue.

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons up on my initial reply above so others with similar issues can find the solution easier.

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @funny35,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your Windows Update issue.

I understand that you are using an HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer with a Windows 10 computer and your computer is showing "HP - Printers - HP ENVY 4520 series - Error 0x80240017" when trying to update the HP printer software. I would like to help with that.

I was actually searching the Microsoft Community Forums and found something that worked for someone, hopefully it will work for you. Click here to visit the Microsoft Community page to see their solution for the Error 0x80240017 with Windows 10.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

HI rb011 I did find a solution on one of the Microsoft forums.  I downloaded a free program from microsoft that I can use to hide this driver and now Windows update on windows 10 works fine.  

Thanks rb011 for your help and your time.

HP Recommended

Hi @funny35,

I am glad to hear that you were able to find a resolution to the update issue.

Please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons up on my initial reply above so others with similar issues can find the solution easier.

Thanks!

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Dear @rb011

I have the same problem.

When I try to install the update I get the error, so I went to the "Device Manager" and saw their that I had an unknown device, so I did the update and it finds everything even the driver but when I install the driver it gives me the error that it isn't correct digital signed. So I can't install the driver.

There was a second driver called: "Null print - HP Envy 4520" driver which installed fine but then I don't see version number and other thins anymore.

Please adive

HP Recommended

win 10 loaded on my HP Envy desktop computer and printers do not work.  I have 2 brother and one HP printer.  Downloading drivers did not work.  Is there anything else that I need to do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.