Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7, HP Officejet
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When my husband opens the HP Solution Center on his logon it shows the printer as disconnected.  On my logon it shows as connected and works fine.  It used to show as disconnected on my side so I uninstalled and reinstalled the software.  Now the Solution Center works on my logon, but still not my husbands.  I tried to create a new shortcut directly from the program, but it still shows the printer as disconnected. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @JHM10,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Need assistance in fixing the issue with the HP solution center on the printer. Is that, correct?

Please try the steps form the link below and check if that solves the issue.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

3. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

4. If prompted, select a method to identify your printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.

5. Click Download next to the full feature driver.

6. Use the HP Download and Install Assistant for a guided driver download and installation, or select Download only to manually open or run the driver file through your Internet browser’s download tools.

7. During the installation, select the Typical or Recommended type of installation when prompted by the software installer. If you choose a Minimum installation, read the description of each software component carefully to avoid unintended loss of printer functionality.

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had already done this, but I did it again.  No change. On the same computer the HP Solution Center shows as connected on my logon but not my husbands.  In addition,  on neither logon do the scan or fax dialog boxes open.   So I am unable to scan or fax using the HP Solution Center.  The scan function works when used through Windows.  Using Windows the scan function limits me to jpeg and tiff files rather than pdf and ocr capabilitites I was used to with the HP Solution Center.

What happened?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.