Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4500 G
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello to all!  Yesterday morning I scanned in some documents using HP Solution Center and later in the day I was not able to open the Solution Center and got a message saying my install was not complete?  I have used this for years with little problem.  I have also run the HP Print and Scan doc and shows the printer installed  but when I continue it says I need to reinstall.

I removed the printer for the printer menu, added the printer but still no luck.

I looked at Windows 10 update and found that a bunch had been downloaded yesterday sometime.  I wonder if someone has reported any problems with the updates.  This happened one other time and when I uninstalled the offending file all was fine.

I can print, I can copy but I cannot scan which comes in handy.

I am trying not to uninstall and reinstall just because that sometime creates more problems...

Any thoughts? Help!

Mary Anne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, I uninstalled and reinstalled.  I wasn't as painful as I expected.

Works well now.

Thanks!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Seems that since the issue is hitting a wall, might as well try to Uninstall and Reinstall?

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer
2. Download and save the FULL feature software (do not install it online)

The following resource will help you :

HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL50403/mp-150580-2/hppiw.exe

3. Install the FULL feature “Saved” software

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion.  So far printer is not being discovered even though it is now wired directly to the computer.

I will keep trying, thanks.

Mary Anne

HP Recommended

Hi @1127ccd

Have you Uninstalled the software before Reinstalling?

Thanks for trying!

HP Recommended

When I used Printer Install Wizard, it did not see my printer at all.  Should I have uninstalled first?

I am confused as to the order of process.  When I go to uninstall programs, there are lots of HP individual programs.  I also have a Photosmart printer that works and I don't want to mess that up.  Not sure which programs need to be uninstalled to get the HP Officerjet 4500 to work.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @1127ccd

Would suggest that you try the HP AIo Remote, HP Scan and Capture.

HP AiO Remote apps

Follow these steps to get the apps (if it's not already installed) :

1. Go to Windows Store
2. Search for "HP AiO Remote" apps
3. Install the apps.
4. The apps should detect your wireless printer, under the apps, there is a "Scan" function.
5. Click on the Scan and it will direct you to download the "Scan and Capture" apps.
6. After installing, you should be able to Scan.

This resource will show you how it's done:

Windows 10 : Downloading and Installing the HP AiO Remote & HP Scan & Capture Apps

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Hello again.  HP AiO Remote already installed.  When I open it, it shows my printer being offine.  When I click to the next screen it shows that it is installed, online, the IP address and networked.

Scan box is grayed out, others are active.  Will let me print but not scan.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Ok, I uninstalled and reinstalled.  I wasn't as painful as I expected.

Works well now.

Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Hi @1127ccd,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.