Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PSC 1410 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I'm having an issue with the software. When I attempted to access the HP Solution Center, the dialogue box popped up letting me know that installation was incomplete. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole software with drivers over five times now with the same result. My system was initially Windows 8 & then upgraded to Windows 10 so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. For now the software is no longer on my system. Also along with the software problem, the printer itself spools prematurely causing the paper jams. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KVirtue17, Thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you use it mostly for scanning and to check ink levels.

You can use HP scan and capture app on windows 10 this should help resolve your scanning problem.

Refer this article to know how to use HP scan and capture app.

Also, you can use HP printer assistant to check ink levels and cartridge alignment.

Refer this article to know more about HP printer assistant.

If you are unable to use printer assistant then you can use printer EWS page to check the information.

Refer this document to know how to use EWS page.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey there! @KVirtue17, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that solution center is not working on your PC.

Please try the steps mentioned below.

Enter "View Installed Updates" in the Windows search bar.  It will show an option in the Control Panel.
Click on the shown option.
Select the "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3132372)" and an Uninstall option will appear next to the Organize drop down.
Click on Uninstall and work through any prompts.
Once uninstalled, the HP Solution Center will work.

If the issue still persists since HP solution center is a very old software it might not work in windows 10.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello & thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing this update within the list of security updates. Is it a recent update or an update done in early 2016?

HP Recommended

I understand you were unable to find the update using windows update.

Since HP solution center is a very old software it might not work in windows 10.

However, May I know the reason you are using HP solution center for?

I'll watch your reply! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@A4Apollo wrote:

I understand you were unable to find the update using windows update.

Since HP solution center is a very old software it might not work in windows 10.

However, May I know the reason you are using HP solution center for?

I'll watch your reply! 🙂

Well I usually use it for scanning purposes, to make sure that my printing cartridges are aligned and to check their levels. Not only that, I also noticed that once the Solution center stopped working, my printer started to spool prematurely when it comes to printing so as a result I would get paper jams and would have to feed the printer manually. So I thought that was linked.

HP Recommended

To note: I do realize that there is a separate entity (program) in Windows 10 that can enable me to scan. Just thought that the printer would've been working better with it intact.

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned you use it mostly for scanning and to check ink levels.

You can use HP scan and capture app on windows 10 this should help resolve your scanning problem.

Refer this article to know how to use HP scan and capture app.

Also, you can use HP printer assistant to check ink levels and cartridge alignment.

Refer this article to know more about HP printer assistant.

If you are unable to use printer assistant then you can use printer EWS page to check the information.

Refer this document to know how to use EWS page.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank much for your assistance.  Thus far I have installed the HP Scan & Capture and used it. It worked very well. Thanks again. Will try the other links once I get the chance to.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

@KVirtue17, you are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

I also see that you will try the other links later.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.