Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Octanebob2:

My tree year old C6380 All in one has worked fine on w7 for over a year but recently the Solution Centre Toolbox tells me it "Cannot establish two way communication with the computer". Printing and scanning remain fine. Forums solutions etc. tell me to reinstall the latest software and I have done this many times, including all suggested fixes like running reg.cleaners and scandisk between uninstall and reinstall and nothing works. I have discussed this at Computer Which? and like me they are at a loss.  Can anybody help me or is it time to give up and buy another make?

Hi Octanebob2,

Is it Windows7 32 or 64bit envoirnment?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02033168

Did you tried replacing the USB once the issue appeared?

Also make sure the directly connected to your PC, not through any USB hub and not longer than 2-3m length.

One last question - Is it a clean Windows7 installation or an upgrade from XP or Vista?

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
CBree6:

I'm having almost the same problem. My OS is Win 7 (64) I have the Officejet Pro 8500a 909a (All-in-One) and after downloading the drivers and/or software I can't find or install the HP Solutions Center.  That is what I need to make it all flow.  What should I do?  Is there a link?

Hi CBree6.

By following my directions above, did you used the provided link to download the software?

The software for your printer model can be downloaded below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL31041/mp-88604-2/OJP8500vA909_Full_14.exe

Once completing the installation, I would recommend you to install the following update as well:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL35976/mp-89191-1/CPE_SLP_NETWORKMSI_hpcom_000_006.exe

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended
Fellwalker:

I have the same problem. My HP C6180 will no longer scan from teh solution centre. It will scan from its web address in my browser, so when the Solution Centre says that the HP device was not found, it is that which is the problem.

It worked for 2 or more years perfectly happily, now it has cracked up.

I have tried teh solution in the second post, TWICE now. ONce it did nothing at all, the second time it worked, but the next day it could no longer scan.

THis is a problem across many forums and many printers over many years. Surely there has to be a solution for it.  Clearly it is not the HP Solution Centre.

Hi Fellwalker,

Please repeat the steps to remove the device as mentioned within my previous post (The 2nd post), but skip the software download instruction.

Click Start > Programs > HP > HP Photosmart C6100 > Add a device and follow the installation.

If you can't locate the Add a Device link, run the Full Feature Installation and you will see an option to Add a Device:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30775/mp-76229-1/AIO_CDA_FSW_Full_Win_WW_130_140.exe

Once completing the installation, install the following patch:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL35976/mp-89191-1/CPE_SLP_NETWORKMSI_hpcom_000_006.exe

Now follow for any improvement.

If you still see any similar behavior, please run the following tool to diagnose the network connection:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL34869/mp-96434-1/HPHNDU.exe

Follow the test and check the income first, then click advance and click the Show Detected Firewalls button.

Please let me know of any error you may get by this tool and any firewall which been detected.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended
GJH:

Could you let me know if I need to download a different version of the Software if I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise - Service Pack 1. I have a Officejet Pro 8500 and when I use your solution, I receive an error which suggests that "the installation is not completed" or "Please plug in the USB Cable" which is in... as I can print. I'm keen to use the Solution Centre Software for the scanning capabilities

Hi GJH,

The software listed above intended for the model used by the original poster.

If you tried to install the software above, please make sure to remove the installed software through Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program.

Repeat the steps till the download section, and then download the software below to install your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL31041/mp-88604-2/OJP8500vA909_Full_14.exe

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks, It works perfectly now...

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

Thanks for your reply. My computer is running 64bit Windows 7 installed from new by Dell. My printer is connected directly to the computer by a brand new USB cable which I replaced after I first noticed the fault. Everytime I have installed the software I have left the cable disconnected until told to connect by the installer. I have tried different USB ports on the computer and I have tried every other possible solution I can find on HP support and in the Forums. I have even had a professional geek looking at the problem with no success. One piece of information from HP suggested I look for a PML driver in my installed services list. This is not present and is not installed at any reinstallation to date. I am tempted to replace the printer.

HP Recommended

My printer is a HP Officejet 4500 wireless.  I did keep it unplugged and plugged the usb in when prompted.  The software seemed to be installing but then it kind of just froze and said the usb was not plugged in.  Here is a screen shot of the error when I try to open the solutions center.  I even tried to go back in system restore but that didn't work either?  the only thing i did not do is not to remove the package when I removed the driver. 

Thanks for your help!!

HP Recommended

my hp notebook doesn't have a cd drive (or whatever you call it) so i can't install the cd that came with my officejet 5400. i tried downloading the software from the website but it only downloaded the drivers even tho i clicked on download all software, etc.  after spending 2 hours on phone w/tech support they weren't able to get any further than i did. what can i do other than purchase an external cd drive?

HP Recommended

I upgraded my Vista computer to windows 7 64 bit.  The computer can find the printer and load the drivers for it, and I went to HP to download the full installation for my officejet j4680 to get HP solution center.  Even when I just check to load the hp solution center it hangs up on the installation phase and never gets any farther.  I have to reboot my computer to get out of it, and then it removes my printer setup when I boot the computer up.  How can I get past that so I can use my scanner on my printer?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@WWarren76 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I was able to succesffuly install my HP 1400 series all-in-one printer with my Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium PC.

However, I can not operate the scanning function or configure scanning features  of the printer, since I do not have the HP Solution Center software installled on my Windows 7Home Premum PC.

That is the HP support link for me to download tand install the HP Solution Center

on my Windows 7 Home Premum PC?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

-Warren-

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.