Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thanks again!
HP Recommended

Hi Kobac,

No problem I am here to assist the customer. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Similar Problem

We had wireless network (DSL modem, router, HP laptop, and HP printer).

The modem went bad.

It and the router was replaced with a wireless gateway.

It was simple to get the laptop connected wirelessly.

We had problems getting the printer setup wirelessly.

I found the needed information in the setup/user-manual for the printer (Photosmart All-In-One, C309g).

The setup is only available via using the printer's  screen menus.

The printer is now working wireless on our wireless network.

But...

I can't bring up the HP Solution Center software, so that I can scan, check ink levels, etc.

I get  the error message:

"Device Installation is not complete.  Please plug-in USB cable or rerun the setup program from the install CD for a network connection".

OK...I didn't have to use the original install CD in order to add a wireless printer to the wireless network.

Do I have to now to get HP Solution Center ?

If I go to your Driver and Update  webpage, the updated driver executable found or this printer is:

PS_AIO_06_C309g-m_USW_Full_Win_enu_140_175.exe

This is an entire suite of software used/available when you initially install (or reinstall) the printer software.

My guess is that the HP Solution Center is not recognizing that the printer is wireless.

Is there a way that I can just install an "upgrade" so that the HP Solution Center works ?

If I must use the above executable,

does it do a full install (everything) or am I able to select the item(s) that I want to install ?

The main thing here is, the printer is working with the wireless network, and I don't want to mess anything up.

Are there any other items that I must add/reinstall from the .exe file (above), and if so, can the be individually

installed ... not have to install the entire suite ?     If so, what items do I need to install ?

If I only need to install/update the HP Solution Center, from where do I obtain it and its installer ?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi DaleBr,

Follow the steps below to update the software to the latest version.

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).

3. Continue with Step 2 below

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-73652-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the uninstall_L4

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Thank you for your detailed reply !

I need to follow your instructions (their laptop is out of state from where I am).

Questions:

What do 7z and CCC folders represent ?

Why do I need to re-install Adobe Flash ?

Thank you

DaleBr

HP Recommended

Hi DaleBr,

Questions:

What do 7z and CCC folders represent ? These are folders located when you extract the software in the %temp% folder

Why do I need to re-install Adobe Flash ? Adobe flash player is used to help run Solution Center

Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I hate to bother you with this...but...another picky question.

Before proceeding with your detailed instructions,

are there any already-installed programs, that need to be uninstalled.

Thank you

DaleBr

HP Recommended

Hi DaleBr,

The steps I have provided should completely remove all the HP printer software installed for this printer. Then you can reinstall it cleanly onto the system again.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

OK...Thanx !

HP Recommended
Followed these directions exactly and it still didn't work. Got a fatal error message and the printdr said to load the program again. Have tried to load multiple times without success. HELP!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.