Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F4140

I am trying to figure out why my printer all of a sudden quit working when I upgraded to Windows 10. I did a test print when I first installed it and it worked fine. Now, when I try to print anything all of my ATTENTION lights are flashing, along with an E light on the Start/Copy button. I checked for paper jams and there are none. I also made sure my carriage was able to move freely, and it does. I've tried every "solution" offered and nothing will make it work. I have tried to uninstall the software but it will not uninstall. I would really love some help getting this uninstalled and reinstalled and in working order. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

UPDATE:

I was finally able to uninstall the printer software. I am currently downloading and reinstalling the FULL software driver from the HP download page. I will update again after it completes and I try to print something.

HP Recommended

UPDATE

I was successfully able to reinstall my HPDeskjet F4140 and it is printing perfectly. Yay me for figuring it out with a lot of help from online "solutions" I found on this website. Thank you!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.