Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Web JetAdmin and Downgrade

I tried to use the HP Web JetAdmin to downgrade as stated on some HP documents. :generic:(They are hard to find by the way)

• First Run, than I changed the .xml to allow me to downgrade as stated on HP documents.
  • I've downloaded compatible firmware from HP.
  • Imported it into the HP Web Jet Admin

• Started the Downgrade process, and seems to load the firmware into the printers memory, gives me a success message after the process, but nothing changes on my printer. :Crying:

So now... whats else can I do, to try downgrade my HP8600. (It has some 14xxBR firmware) I want the firmware before this one, and have my printer back.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @gusbh123,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing issues downgrading your printer's firmware. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like the firmware isn't installing, I would try the Partial Reset and then Semi-Full Reset and try the firmware again. I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name click on the envelope to view it.

This link contains the instructions for upgrading and downgrading the printer's firmware: 

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi there.

Thanks for the help. :Wink:

I'll try to do both resets and right after, I'll try the downgrade again.

I'm using the same "Upgrading Firmware" document to guide myself trough the process of Downgrade.

I'll post the results here soon.

See ya.

HP Recommended

Well. It didn't work.

What else can I try?

I can't get to the green screeen. It seems to upload the firmware to the printer, but than nothing happens, don't matter if I restart, reset, unplug it, whatever. :Crying:

What's the next step I should try. :smileyindifferent:

Thank You. 

HP Recommended

Any other ideias. This didn't work.

It seems to update de firmware to the printer, but it doens't install it.

Where the support????? Please!!!!!!!!

:Crying:

HP Recommended

Hi @gusbh123,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I see that you were unable to get the firmware downgraded. At this point, I have exhausted all that I can do for you. I suggest contacting HP Phone Support.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Check Warranty Status: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/wc/public/home 
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Please respond to this post with the results. I hope you have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Tried to follow the link to "upgrade/downgrade firmware" , received this message: "Firefox can’t find the server at h20564.www2.hp.com."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.