Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
6520 e all in one series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a MS win 10 update last week, I'm unable to use printer.

It added a user name or phrase to add before it would print. 

I almost baught a brand printer other the HP due to this.

I by-passed the wireless network by installing a usb cable between computer and hp 6520 e .

My next printer will be a Cannon!

All the error messages generated by HP printer software, ink usage and many more are bothersome.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@flynbuy wrote:

After a MS win 10 update last week, I'm unable to use printer....

@flynbuy

Your printer worked perfectly BEFORE the killer came in to kill it. Please download an run the following tool:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

It may fix the problem for you. If not, post back full error message(s). You may have to reinstall printer software and drivers to your computer using the following package

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL43742/mp-108722-3/PS6520_1315-1.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The blue tooth wireless printing was not reliable from the start. Many time the blue light was blinking, telling me the wireless connection was not working.

When I tried to print a mailing label via PayPal or eBay, the blue blinking light was telling me the wireless connection was not made. Very stressful. Eventually it would stop blinking, but I had no idea why?

It’s obvious HP and MS are not in lockstep with each other with SW updates.

Now, with the cable between my 2 computers and the HP printer, all is working, without the stress of “the blinking blue light”.

As the saying goes, if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. I opt not to do any HP SW updates. Having a constant blue light on my printer, NOW, using the cable, is welcomed.

Both HP and MS are taking the password usage too far, especially when you shut down my printing do to an unknown password?

Now, with the blue tooth/wireless disconnected, I don’t receive daily messages about paper and ink suggestions/issues/problems that take me to an HP site to purchase more HP products. Very similar the  constant “taunt” of the  MS Cloud.

If I had this HP printer problem, I’m sure others have the same.

This is the first time I had to use this site for help.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.