Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

deleted because it did not work

HP Recommended

We have 4 units HP2600dn and 4 units of HP2605dn since 5 years ago. This err 79 only occur on all my 4 units of HP2605dn but not the HP2600dn. We have try downgrade firmware method but still err 79.

So, we do not see downgrage of firmware is the solutions.

We have this cazy idea that wanna flash 2600dn firmware to 2605dn. Can everyone advice wil this work?

HP do not want to support and tell us that warrenty period over and product have been discontinue long ago.

Anyone any advice please?

HP Recommended

Sorry.... No way can flash the 2600 firmware into 2605dn. 

We try downgrade to 2605_FW_Update-20071108 but got 49 err. Any advice or help please?

HP Recommended

I read your post about the printer problem, and I jave the same issues.  Do you know where to get the old firmware for the HP 2605dn printer? If you do please email me back at [Personal Information Removed].

Thanks a bunch

HP Recommended

HelloI read yoiur post about the firmwaare fil for the HP 2605dn printer problem.

I am javing ghe same issuses with my printer.  IO have tried all the linls I can locate to fdownload the firmware but all of them are dead links.  Do you srill have the firmware file? And if yes coukld you send me a copy as an email attachment.

Thanks for your time today,

Randy Clark

HP Recommended

new test using new methods iof file deletion

HP Recommended

I still keep the old driver which saved me last time for updating the HP new driver.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vhfb8kij1ygen4b/AAAeL5wFC09AxRqYZA1ZicwYa?dl=0

I'll keep it for 4 days for you to download it. Good luck.

HP Recommended

For me this is exactly how I managed to get it back to life - the printer is slow again as in the old days, however, at least it prints all the pages without error - it heats less as easily found out by touching the back of the printer. I suspect heat to be ,at least part of, the issue.... 

HP Recommended

Do you still have the old software "2605_FW_Update-20071108". Can you please copy in to your dropbox please. I am getting 79 error and your last post 2 years ago suggested that it is a firmware issue

Thanks a ton in advance

HP Recommended

Please download the old driver firmware from provided link below within a week to restore your workable old firmware. Good lucks.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0soedtlnzl76v7f/AAAO-UiLhfBzwfXAIZT1QtIAa?dl=0

Robert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.