Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp deskjet Ink advantage 2645
Microsoft Windows Vista
I bought a new hp printer but the cd dont want to open and when i download from the web adress they say file corrupted. Can someone please mail me the driver.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I found a basic driver installation on the website. I did manage to get my printer to work. I thank you for your patience and help.
Kind Regards
Madeleine

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Madeleine1

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

I am sorry you are having trouble downloading the data.

The good news is that the Full Feature Software is available from the Printer's Website Support page for your printer for the Vista Operating System.

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2645 All-in-One Printer

File name: DJ2640_188.exe

Size 108.9MB

The bad news is that the Website does not show a method to order a CD for delivery to your house.

You have at least a couple of options:

You might try having a friend download the file for you and transfer the file to a USB drive so you can then install the software onto your computer.

You can contact HP and see if HP Technical Support can help you.

If you are in the USA / Canada, fill in the Web form and leave contact information:

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English Speaking Countries

Including UK and Europe

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

That is the specific file i downloaded that said the file is corrupt...

Can I take the cd back to the shop I bought it from or should i take the whole printer with?

I am very unhappy about this. As they assured me i wont have any problems.

I am in South Africa

Regards

Madeleine

HP Recommended

@Madeleine1

I am sorry the downloaded installation file will not cooperate.

I can download the installation file from the printer's website support page and I can run the installation --- and I realize that fact does you not one bit of good whatsoever.  Working for me is not the same as working for you.

There may be a problem when the file is downloading to your computer.

As to whether you should return the CD and / or the printer to the store --  the store might like the "whole package" in return if they are to give you a replacement.  That way the Store is not expected to open a new printer to give you "just a new CD".   Assuming a decent return policy, the store might exchange a printer rather than try to exchange "bits".  That is, of course, speculation.

EDITS

It occurs to me that the CD may not be able to install the Vista version of the Full Feature Software (printer software).  It may not be an option to hope that replacing the CD would help.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
I found a basic driver installation on the website. I did manage to get my printer to work. I thank you for your patience and help.
Kind Regards
Madeleine
HP Recommended

@Madeleine1

OK, sort-of good news!  The "basic" Driver, that is, not the Full Feature Software, will provide basic printing functions.   It will at least allow you to use your printer!

You might try to download a copy of the Full Feature Software at another time -- or try to have someone do that for you (onto the USB drive) if you think that might be helpful.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
I just want to use the printer and scanner and both of them are workin on the moment. We dont have fax line on the farm so i wont be using that feature.
Thanks forbthe heads up
HP Recommended

I see.  I finally figured out that you are located where the Internet connection is possibly an issue -- although the Full Feature Software File is tiny by most standards, downloading it all at once on anything less than a broadband line might cause issues for either the download or the file contents.  We dealt with this same issue in the Mountains for many years.  It has only be recently that we have cell service without having to walk all over the place reaching up like human antennas looking for a signal.  Smiling.

As long as you have all the features you need from the basic drivers, then all is well.

May the water flow, the sun shine, the birds fly, and the crops grow!

Happy Printing!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Thanks for your help
HP Recommended

Where can I find the Windows Vista "Basic" Driver for a new HP OfficeJet 6960...? Does one even exist?  I cant get it from MS Windows update....HELP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.