Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp laserjet 1536dnf MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i get the below error from windows update.

also the software and drives will have an error when installing manually.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @najmussani,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that you are getting the error "0x80240017", when running the Windows Updates. I would like to help you out today. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

Here is the link to the HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver if you haven't already installed it: hp_M1530_MFP_full_Solution_15188.exe

If the printer is working already, the option would be to ignore the printer software updates or you can try these external resources, that have some advanced steps. This information was provided by my co-worker @midnight-anwrs.

One poster tried the Show or hide updates and it resolved their issue.

You can also give feedback to Microsoft and hopefully they will release an update to correct the feature in the operating system. You can learn how here; Updates and feedback.

Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Also in this way dasn't work !

In fase configuration not install in corerect way the diver!

@Gemini02 wrote:

Hi @najmussani,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that you are getting the error "0x80240017", when running the Windows Updates. I would like to help you out today. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

Here is the link to the HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver if you haven't already installed it: hp_M1530_MFP_full_Solution_15188.exe

If the printer is working already, the option would be to ignore the printer software updates or you can try these external resources, that have some advanced steps. This information was provided by my co-worker @midnight-anwrs.

You can also give feedback to Microsoft and hopefully they will release an update to correct the feature in the operating system. You can learn how here; Updates and feedback.

Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

@Gemini02 wrote:

Hi @najmussani,

HP Recommended

Hi @MindDowser,

Did you download and try and install the full drivers and software?

Don't use the Windows update, they won't install properly.

If you need further assistance, please let me know what you have tried and the results, so I can assist you better.

Have a nice day! Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I tried exactly this - I uninstalled old drivers, rebooted, downloaded new one.  Did not work.  Same error message in Windows 10. Then I chatted with MS:

"Since you're using HP machines, only they would know the compatibility part since they are the manufacturer. Because even though we are Microsoft which owns the operating system, the manufacturers are always the ones who would know best about the compatibility issues of their product."

Any further advice? I have five of these machines in various locations and would not want to have to replace them all

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.