Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I keep getting this error on Windows 10 64bit.

HP driver update for HP LaserJet Professional CM1410 Series PCL 6 Failed to install - Error 0x802460.

I have tried installing the driver manually, but the error continues. The printer works as it should, but I just cannot get rid of this error from windows update.

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response - that did not work either.

I decided to reset window,  and before adding the printer via network, I downloaded and and installed the HP first. This seems to take care of the problem. 

I was able to confirm that installing the printer first causes this issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Rosinsky,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you're encountering some setup issues with your HP LaserJet Pro CM1410 Color Multifunction Printer. I would like to assist you with this. 

I recommend you try the following steps: 

Uninstall your printer

• Press the Windows key +r
  • Type control panel and press Enter
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Select your printer's driver from the list and click to uninstall.  

Remove temp files from your PC:

• Press Windows key + r
  • Type %temp% and press Enter
  • Press Ctrl + a to select all files
  • Press Delete
  • Note that some files may not allow for deletion - not to worry, this is normal. Just click skip as prompted.
  • Empty your Recycle Bin upon completion.

Download the Printer Install Wizard

Click here to install the HP Printer Install Wizard (instead of directly using the printer's driver). When you run it, this utility will facilitate what I'm hoping is a smoother and more effective printer setup. Should that cause further issues you can certainly obtain a copy of the Windows 10 printer driver here.

Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post. If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and clicking to accept this solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks, I tried your suggestion, but it did not work. I now notice the error number is slightly different though. It now says HP driver update for HP LaserJet Professional CM1410 Series PCL 6 - Error 0x80246002
HP Recommended

Hi @Rosinsky,

Thanks for replying. I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having the same issue. Don't worry we'll try other steps which should help to resolve the issue.

I suggest you run the Windows update as this will be able to automatically fix some issues.

Next thing would be to the update the printer from the device manager. 

Here's a related post which has helped other customers. Click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you. I'll be happy to help you with your concern.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response - that did not work either.

I decided to reset window,  and before adding the printer via network, I downloaded and and installed the HP first. This seems to take care of the problem. 

I was able to confirm that installing the printer first causes this issue.

HP Recommended

Hi @Rosinsky,

Glad to hear that you got it working. If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. Take care!

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.