Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M276nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I select "HP Status and Alerts" from the "All Apps" menu, the system busy cursor spins for a split second, but nothing subsequent happens.  No window appears.

I was hoping to check my toner levels.

I don't have any problem printing.

The system event viewer doesn't show anything that seems relevant.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @xmanjn,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that you cannot check your HP status, and alerts. With your HP Laserjet M276nw printer, on Windows 10. And, I am happy to help! 

You can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the printer's ink or toner cartridge levels and view cartridge details such as install dates, warranty dates, and serial numbers.

Source: Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows.

1. On the desktop, double-click the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon () to open the tool.

2. Under the Product heading of the Welcome screen, click the name of your printer, and then click Next.

Figure : Click the name of your printer

Image: Click the name of  your printer.
  3. In the HP Print and Scan Doctor window, click Printer.

Figure : Click Printer in the HP Print and Scan Doctor window

Image: Click Printer in the HP Print and Scan Doctor window.
  4. In the drop-down menu, select Supply Levels or Ink Levels.

Figure : Click Supply Levels in the drop-down menu

Image: Click Supply Levels in the drop-down menu.

The tool displays the estimated ink levels.

Figure : Example of the estimated ink levels window

Image: Example of the estimated ink levels window

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post. 

Hope this resolves your issue! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @xmanjn,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that you cannot check your HP status, and alerts. With your HP Laserjet M276nw printer, on Windows 10. And, I am happy to help! 

You can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the printer's ink or toner cartridge levels and view cartridge details such as install dates, warranty dates, and serial numbers.

Source: Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows.

1. On the desktop, double-click the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon () to open the tool.

2. Under the Product heading of the Welcome screen, click the name of your printer, and then click Next.

Figure : Click the name of your printer

Image: Click the name of  your printer.
  3. In the HP Print and Scan Doctor window, click Printer.

Figure : Click Printer in the HP Print and Scan Doctor window

Image: Click Printer in the HP Print and Scan Doctor window.
  4. In the drop-down menu, select Supply Levels or Ink Levels.

Figure : Click Supply Levels in the drop-down menu

Image: Click Supply Levels in the drop-down menu.

The tool displays the estimated ink levels.

Figure : Example of the estimated ink levels window

Image: Example of the estimated ink levels window

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post. 

Hope this resolves your issue! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

OK, that method works.

It seems to me that "status and alerts" should also work, but OK...

HP Recommended

Hi xmanjn,

Thank you for your response! 

Perhaps there is some type of driver conflict, let's run the HP Print and Scan Doctor again, and this time after selecting your printer, select Fix Printing. And, let me know what happens! 

If this helps,please click on the thumbs up icon. The icon is below this post.

Hope this helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.