Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 4550 C7085A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Dell computer and can not find a windows 10 driver for my HP Color LaserJet 4550(no other letter or numbers just HP Color Laserjet 4550) Any ideas where I can obtain a driver.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Universal Print Driver available from HP here works for Windows 10 x64 for your COlor Laserjet 4550.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The Universal Print Driver available from HP here works for Windows 10 x64 for your COlor Laserjet 4550.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.  However it seems I don't have the printer installed.  Since I got my new computer last week I don't see HP 4550 installed.   In the past only HP 4550 worked no other letters or number at the end.  How can I get Updated software for the printer.  I paid alot for this printer and want to use it.   I have the disk but I guess it is so old it won't read it.  Can you HELP!!!!  I appricate your help. 

HP Recommended

Did you resolve your issue by installing the universal driver from the link I gave above?  If not an alternative would be to use the Driver Wizard from http://www.hp.com/go/tools.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

thanks so much for your reply.    Now computer says everything is working but I get  "PCL XL error" Subsystem: Kernel Error: UnsupportedProtocol Operator OxO position: 0 message when I print.  Any idea what this is?  Your help would be appreciated.  Thanks Ellen:)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.