Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet CP 1025nw
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When computer starts and after every attempt to restart service, I receive this error.

An unhandled exception ('System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException') occured in HPLaserJetService.exe [6552].

Service Name: HP LaserJet Service

Reinstalling drivers didn't solve the problem

2016-12-08_01-17-06.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@B-Denis, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you get an error: HPLaserJetService.exe unhandled exception when you start your PC.

Please uninstall the printer driver from your PC, update printer driver and printer firmware.

Download printer driver using this link.

Update printer firmware using this link.

Also, if the issue still persists please try installing windows built in drivers.

Refer this article to know how to install windows built in driver.

I'll watch your reply.

Have a beautiful day ahead!:)

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException' occurred in HPTools.dll
Additional information: Error while deserializing object: There is an error in XML document (75, 3).
Instance validation error: '2hour' is not a valid value for AutoOffTime.2016-12-08_23-07-30 (2).png2016-12-08_23-06-45.png2016-12-08_23-10-14.png

HP Recommended

It doesn't matter, what idle time is, for example, 4 hour - the same result: 

2016-12-08_23-25-11.png

HP Recommended

Crashes again:

2016-12-08_23-30-47.png

HP Recommended

@B-Denis, thanks for the reply and patience.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

Please try few steps recommended below.

Open Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Services and scrolled down to HP LaserJet Service and highlight it. Then right-click on it and select "Properties." Go to the Startup Type drop-down menu and select "Disabled" then click OK.

Restart the computer 

Hope this helps!

Happy Weekend! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.