Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have 3 desktops WIRE networked and 2 of them have the problem when the printer has not been turned on. The 3rd computer NEVER has the problem whether the printer is turned ON or OFF.

I see that Google search has a big listing of people having similar problems with
HPNetworkCommunicator.exe
affecting many different printer models and similar conditions whether wired of wireless networking. My one computer that DOES NOT have the problem does not even have
HPNetworkCommunicator.exe
running in Windows Task Manager at all - NEVER - and it does fine with scan, fax, ink levels and all the rest !!

I wish I could remember what I did (unintentionally) with the one computer that is not "sick" (or is it the printer software that is sick?).

HP Recommended

I tried the suggestions you suggested and it seems to work with just by unchecking 'Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows'.

I have an HP Deskjet 3050A.

I should also note that I had my printer set to shut off after 2 hours. I changed that to never.

HP Recommended

There is a recent software release that corrects this behavior.

I would suggest going here to check for newer software for your hp printer: http://h20614.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmd/welcome.aspx?

For those users who might be experiencing similar behavior on a different product, new software was recently released for many hp inkjet printer products (corresponding with the release of Windows 😎 that corrects this behavior.

If a newer software release is available for your product, I would strongly suggest installing it.

Regards,  Kent G.

Kent G.
HP Retired, however my posts and replies are my own, not HP's.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
HP Recommended

I have downloaded the new software, this appears to have solved the problem.
Thank you:smileyvery-happy:

HP Recommended

This needs to be fixed right now, I have a CP1525nw and I have the same as everyone else!! Just more HP poor programing. I have been saying it for years. Their hardware is not bad but their software is a virus. HP just get it done and fix it!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Is there anyone from HP monitoring this horrendous situation. If so can you please help get this fixed. As a company how on earth can you be touting the capabilities of your Air printers when those of us that travel a lot have to put up with such a basic issue as the one that is described thousands of times in these blogs.

If you are from HP please be sure this is directly impacting your ability to sell another product of any kind (not just printers) to most of us suffering with this basic software issue.

John

HP Recommended

I've been at it for well over an hour now. The hpnetworkcommunicator.exe continues to toggle of and on. It's very distracting to see that cursor circle constantly trigger. Couple that with the fact that I can never print wirelessly, I'm taking this HP Officejet 4620 back to BJ's Wholesale.

HP Recommended

I bought this printer 3 days ago, finally worked out what is going on with the working in background icon.

When is there going to be a fix from HP.

I have resolved the problem for now by disabling the scan to computer but find this a very poor option to have to do this and reverse it every time I need the scanner.

Poor for a $500 printer. poor for HP to not appear to be interested in resolving this.

Seriously will look at the return to store avenue if there is no solution soon.

This definately needs to be reported to the review sites as I would not of bought this if I had read this problem, but as the reviews were good, I went of their recommendations.

Please pay some attention to this HP, and offer a solution.

HP Recommended

What OS are you using?

How is the printer connected to the network, Ethernet or wireless?

What is the exat model of printer that you are having the problem with?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hi there

I am using Windows 7 on a lap top, and windows 7 on a desktop

printer is connected wireless to a router

the printer is HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.