Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

im constanly getting this Hewlett Packard  - Other hardware, Printer - Null Print - HP Officejet Pro 8630 Failed can anyone Help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @jasper2400, welcome to the HP Forums!

I'd be happy to help you with this Hewlett Packard  - Other hardware, Printer - Null Print - HP Officejet Pro 8630 Failed message you're seeing. What operating system and version do you have, Mac or Windows?

If you have a Windows operating system, running the Print and Scan Doctor might help. The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility (tool) that helps to quickly resolve common printing, scanning, and connectivity issues including but not limited to:

• Connectivity:

USB: Verifies that the USB connection from your computer to the HP product is working correctly.

Network: Verifies that the network connection between your computer and your network is working correctly.

• Device Status Test: Checks for device errors such as out of paper, paper jams, carriage stalls, and paper feed issues, and then provides instructions for fixing the error.
  • Driver Check: Checks for missing or corrupt driver files.
  • Device Manager: Checks for problems in Device Manager that would prevent printing.
  • Device Online: Checks if the product has been paused or set to offline, and then sets the status back to online if necessary.
  • Print Queue: Checks for and clears pending print jobs in the print queue (a log of print jobs waiting to print).
  • Port Match: Checks the port settings for the HP product.
  • Device Conflicts: Checks for conflicts with other drivers, such as other printer brands.
  • Ink Issues: Checks the cartridges and ink levels for issues that affect print quality.
  • Print Settings: Checks and adjusts the print quality settings.
  • Test Print: Prints a test page for print quality evaluation, and provides options for cleaning and aligning the printhead if necessary.
  • Scan Tests: Checks the scan mechanism, drivers, and registry entries.

Source: www.hp.com/go/tools  <Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor.

If that does not resolve the issue, post back and let me know if there are any symbols other than green check marks and what they are next to of course. The wrench is not always easy to spot as the wrench and the check mark are both in a green circle.

• If you see only green check marks, the tool did not find any problems.
  • If you see green wrenches, the utility identified an issue and corrected it automatically.
  • If you see yellow exclamation points, the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.
  • If you see a red X, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you.

If this resolves the issue, please be sure to mark your post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button below. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi there i have tried the scan doctor and also have unistalled aand reinstalled the printer and im using windows 10 but this is the error i keep getting when it tries to update .

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: HP - Other hardware, Printer - Null Fax - HP Officejet Pro 8630 - Error 0x80070490

HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know. Please try the following:

1. In the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder

2. Choose ‘Print server properties’.

• Win XP – With no printer selected, click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
  • Windows Vista – With no printer selected, press ‘Alt’ then click ‘File’ then ‘Server Properties’.
  • Windows 7/8, 8.1, and 10 – Select any printer in the ‘Devices and Printers’ folder and click ‘Print Server properties’ above.

3. Click on the ‘Drivers’ tab at the top of ‘Print server properties’ window

4. Choose the printer you want to uninstall and click ‘Remove’

5. Choose 'Remove driver only'

6. The next screen will give a warning, letting you know that deleting the driver package will remove it from the system. Click ‘Yes’ to say that you are sure you want to do this.

If documents are stuck in the print spooler, you may see an error, cancel any documents pending in the print queue, or try restarting the print spooler, then try to remove the driver from ‘Print server properties’ again. If it still won’t remove the package, restarting the computer and the printer should resolve this ‘in use’ error and allow the driver to be removed.

After the driver is removed, open Start > All Programs > HP folder > Printer folder > HP Setup and Software (or the printer icon). The Setup and software screen will open and you can click on Connect a new printer.

Let me know how it goes. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.