Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
M1136 MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after a unsucessfull firmware update the printer isnt working , to update the firmware RFU needs to be on.  How?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Good Morning @Andersud,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are getting the message "to turn on the rfu" to run the firmware update. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

The RFU is the remote firmware update (RFU) utility. 

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet and the USB cable is connected directly to the computer. (not a docking station) The USB cable shouldn't be longer than 6 feet.Try another USB port on the computer.

There is no option to turn the RFU off on this model.

Can you not continue the firmware update with that error message?

Why do you need the firmware update?

You can click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my efforts. Please let me know how this goes. Have a great day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

firmware update failed but got back to the old one and it is working.

security reasons , cleaned all infected systems here for my organisation , do not want to skip the printer which had a trojan, which of now is stopped by other security measures.

so why? well let me answer that by another question: why do you have a firmware upgrade if it is not possible to  use it?

If i ignore the RFU warning and continue will it screw up the printer? last time it stopped working but after windows update and a couple of powercuts it started working again somehow (with the old firmware still)

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @Andersud.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. In the forum beside your handle name, just click on the envelope to view it.

Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.