Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
M553dn
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Whenever I try to print a document from Word, I get the warning "Your margins are pretty small.  It's possible some of your content will be cut off when you print. Do you still want to print?    [Yes]   [No]

This warning get pretty annoying after awhile. Plus, a couple of times I've started a large print job and walked away only to discover that the job never started because I didn't wait around for the "Your margins are pretty small." warning to pop up so I could dismiss it.

My documents print fine. I like to use the smallest margin I can get away with.

After searching Microsoft's help site, I've learned that the message comes from the print driver, not Word. So I'm redirecting my question here.

How can I disable this annoying warning message?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Random_HP_User

Bear with me: I am not at all sure this is the correct answer; I have not your printer and have only limited access to the settings.

Looking at the installation files, it appears that the printer hardware likes a minimum print margin of 0.167 inches.  If that is indeed the case, then the smallest achievable margin might be defined (to the nearest hundreth) at 0.17 inches.

Given that restriction,

Set your Word document > File > Print > Margins > Custom Margin >

tab Margins (to no less than) .17 >

OK

Note that this does not include "booklet" settings, which by definition, might require a larger "gutter" margin to accomodate the booklet style print option.

More resources:

Printer Learn and Use

Note:

IF your printer is an Enterprise edition, then you might be able to take advantage of the Custom Form setup:

HP LaserJet Enterprise - Setup custom paper types using the Embedded Web Server or Web Jetadmin

Good Luck!

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.