Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need my printer's dublex autofeeder to scan a significant number of pages into a searchable PDF. However I keep getting the error message that the pages are in an unsupported size. I read that the printer is perfectly capable of scanning duplex pages that are slightly smaller then full letter size. But because of a firmware update decision made a while back, this is no longer possible. This is honestly a little annoying as I am on a time constraint to get this document scanned in and the only other option is to have to pay to have them scanned elsewhere instead of using my pricey and completly capable Officejet Pro. If anyone can help with this that would be greatly appreaciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I think you are trying to use the ADF for scanning and there is no option in the software to pull pages from the ADF

Try installing the application and runningit

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi   For Windows.

I hope this is what you were really looking for.

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

@ZadesLegacy ...............  updating printer firmware wouldn't have stopped two sided scanning from ADF .   I would advise you to uninstall the current driver ( shutdown printer while uninstalling current software ) and then restart the computer and install full driver for your printer from  

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-n9...

Please revert back if issue not resolved .

Regards,

Raj

HP Employee

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

There is an option in the software driver to pull from ADF however the Duplex function will not work with the page size that I have. It only seems to work with regular letter sized sheets. My page size is slightly to small and the printer gives me an error saying that it is an unsupported page size. These papers are exactly 8x10 and it really shouldn't be a problem. Also the scan software link you sent dosen't seem to have a searchable PDF file type, only regular PDF.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.