Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to actually uninstall the driver and not just remove the printer from the installed printers.

The print management console is not available in Windows 7 home premium.

Does HP have a method for uninstalling the driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was wrong.  Print server properties are still available.  When you highlight a printer it adds an additional button on top to get to print server properties.  Drivers can be removed from there.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I haven't tried Windows 7 yet so this may not help, but have you tried checking (when viewing the installed printers from start button, Printers) File -> Run as Administrator -> Server Properties and then choose the driver tab to find & delete the printer driver in question?  This is from memory as I am not in front of my Vista box at the moment.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately the Server Properties option is no longer available in Windows 7.  At least I can't find it anywhere.  I think it is handled now by the print management snap-in, but home premium doesn't include that snap-in.

HP Recommended

I was wrong.  Print server properties are still available.  When you highlight a printer it adds an additional button on top to get to print server properties.  Drivers can be removed from there.

HP Recommended

That's good that you found it and that option is still available in Windows 7 Home Premium.  I'll keep that in mind when I upgrade over the Christmas break!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.