Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6500A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

My printer did not work properly anymore as there was a print job still stuck in the print queue due to the fact that I closed my tablet before the print job was fully done (one page left to print). I cancelled the print job several times, but that did not work. I thought I could uninstall the printer and then reinstall it again. I managed to uninstall the printer, but despite the fact that the printer is uninstalled (it can not been seen anymore in the control panel) I still see the stuck print job.

How can I unstuck the print job that is stuck?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Kind Regards,

Ilma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ilma2 

Hey, Ilma. Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! 

This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community.

To resolve the stuck print jobs we can delete the job files and restart . Below mentioned steps will explain how to resolve this issue. 

Turn off the printer using the power button and then unplug the printer power cord from the power outlet.
Save your work. After using these steps, your current print jobs are lost and will need to be printed again.
Open Windows Services using one of the following methods:
Search Windows for services, and click Services in the list of results.
On your keyboard, press Windows key (  ) + R, type services.msc in the window that opens, and then click OK.
Scroll through the list of services and find the name Print Spooler.
Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
Shut down your computer from Windows.
Make sure your printer has been unplugged for at least 60 seconds, and then plug the power cord into a power outlet.
Turn on the printer using the power button on the printer.
Turn on the computer and wait for Windows to open.
Try printing again 

Please complete the steps  and let me know the outcome.

Maditau
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ilma2 

Hey, Ilma. Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! 

This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community.

To resolve the stuck print jobs we can delete the job files and restart . Below mentioned steps will explain how to resolve this issue. 

Turn off the printer using the power button and then unplug the printer power cord from the power outlet.
Save your work. After using these steps, your current print jobs are lost and will need to be printed again.
Open Windows Services using one of the following methods:
Search Windows for services, and click Services in the list of results.
On your keyboard, press Windows key (  ) + R, type services.msc in the window that opens, and then click OK.
Scroll through the list of services and find the name Print Spooler.
Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
Shut down your computer from Windows.
Make sure your printer has been unplugged for at least 60 seconds, and then plug the power cord into a power outlet.
Turn on the printer using the power button on the printer.
Turn on the computer and wait for Windows to open.
Try printing again 

Please complete the steps  and let me know the outcome.

Maditau
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.