Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp PhotoSmart Plus B209 a-m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My solution center has stopped working.  It worked a couple of weeks ago.  Are downloads available online?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@TeddieKuma

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart Plus All-in-One Printer series - B209 and the HP Solution Center is not working. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any software changes or updates happen recently after which the solution center may have stopped?
  • Do you receive an error message? If yes, what is it?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer to the steps mentioned under "What if I can't find or use Solution Center after upgrading Windows?" from t his link

I hope this information helps. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I don't recall when the last update was.  The printer works fine.  Here's the error message:

HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.

Please plug in the USB cable or re-run the set-up program from the installation CD fir a networki installation.

If this does not complete the installation or you do not have the CD access the HP help files by clicking the start menu.

HP Recommended

@TeddieKuma

The HP solution center is for older printer models and hence has a compatibility issue while running in Windows 10 environment. The issue might have been caused by recent updates on your computer. I would suggest you a workaround by changing the compatibility on the drivers. Follow the steps below (Check the fig below for ref):

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them. (Including the HP solution center)
  • Restart your computer.
  • Go to http://hp.care/2cUbV17 and download and save the full feature driver file (Do not run the file, just download and save it to your desktop or download folder)
  • Now go to the download location, right-click on the driver file and select “Properties”.
  • Under “Compatibility” tab, check the box which says “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select “Windows 8” (In fig, I have selected Windows 7, but make sure you select Windows 8).
  • Also, select the box “Run this program as an administrator”.
  • Apply and save the settings.
  • Now double-click and run the program.

That should get the solution center working. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

I believe I have followed your instructions.  However, while trying to install the solution center, I get a "fatal error during installation" notice.  It says:  Invalid Drive: F:\.  I don't have an F-Drive.

HP Recommended

@TeddieKuma

I suggest you to either go with the HP Scan and Capture or scan using the HP Scan software (full featured drivers for Win10 from this link for HP Scan software.) 

I tried my best to make it work. I wish it had worked. I appreciate your time and patience. 

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying.  I have used the program for about 5 years, the past 1.5 years with Windows 10.  It's a very good program.  Just sad they can't make it work.  It's the same with Gallery.  It was a very good, user-friendly application and it is no longer supported either.  The alternatives are not satisfactory.  I will try the scan and capture you suggested.  Again, thanks for your efforts.

HP Recommended

Hello, @TeddieKuma

I see that you were interacting with @MKazi. I'd like to help 🙂

When checked I see that you downloaded the wrong software package. Hence, try the steps listed below to try and install the printer drivers.

First, uninstall the HP printer program from the PC. Here are the steps:

1. Unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  2. Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  3. Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  4. Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  5. Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  6. Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  7. Restart your computer.

Now, follow the steps below to change the driver compatibility. Follow the steps listed below:

• Go to http://hp.care/2oemj5Q and download and save the full feature driver file for Windows 10. (Do not run the file, just download and save it to your desktop or download folder)
  • Now go to the download location, right-click on the driver file and select “Properties”.
  • Under “Compatibility” tab, check the box which says “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select “Windows 8”. Check the fig above for ref.
  • Also, select the box “Run this program as an administrator”.
  • Apply and save the settings.
  • Now, double-click and run the program.

That should do the trick. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

This was unsuccessful, as well.  Perhaps I am not doing everything correctly.  This time, it created an installation error log and saved it to my desktop.  Thanks for trying.

HP Recommended

Hello, @TeddieKuma

Appreciate your efforts 🙂

That's all I got at the moment. You can try using the HP Scan and Capture program to scan to your PC. Go to http://bit.ly/2oAYXby to download and install the scan and capture app.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.