Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi, just bought  a Envy 4520 printer. Works fine in my desktop with Windows 7. I have a problem when i try to install the printer in an old laptop.
After installing the software, the installation process asks me to activate the printer online. At this point, the program says that there's no internet connection. Obviously, i'm always conncected. First time i thought it was a wi-fi problem, so i restarted the installation with the laptop directly connected in LAN. Nothing changed.
Here's the error message i see everytime i try to install the printer. Sorry, but it's in italian, but it simply says what i have already written. It also says that i can finish the installation in a second moment, connecting to the written link. Unfortunately the link is wrong, and it sends me to an unexisting page. 

Someone could help me? I seriously need to install the printer in my laptop.

Thanks a lot.

MarcoHp errore.bmp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Trying the Print and Scan Doctor may find something. Please let me know if you are able to print after that.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @marcomak,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with installing your Envy 4520 e-All-In-One Printer on your Windows 7 PC. I can help you with that.

If you have reached this step in HP Setup, the printer drivers should be installed on your system. You can stop the installer by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and clicking on Start Task Manager. In this window click on any program with HP in the name and click on end task.

Please let me know if you are able to print after following the above. If you are, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please show it by clicking on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi DocCottle, thanks a lot for the kind response.  I tried to apply your solutions but, unfortunately, it doesn't work.
The printer, as you said, is actually installed on my laptop (with windows XP, not 7), but i'm not able to print. Neither after setting the printer as default printer. I can't understand why. Do you think there's a chance to find the site cited on the installation message? Just to complete the installation. I think that's the main problem.

Looking forward for an answer.

Thanks again.

Marco

HP Recommended

Trying the Print and Scan Doctor may find something. Please let me know if you are able to print after that.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Scan Doctor worked. Finally, i'm able to print from my old laptop. Thanks a lot for your precious help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.