Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet 4500 G510n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help please.  I have tried for days to install my officejet 4500G G510n wireless printer to my PC that is running the recently updated Windows 10.  I have tried everything including uninstall/reinstall but it is never successful and I get different problems each time.  I have even tried setting it up by USB...still no success.  I can't understand what the promlem is.  AND when I use one of the install programs that fails, it installs a solution for me for windows 8, that doesn't work, obviously, because I have 10. I would really love to have a printer again!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome back to the forums @DLBHJ🙂

I hope to help with the install issues you're having with your Officejet 4500 on Windows 10. Here are some steps for you to get started. When you are done, please reply to me with the results, errors, etc. Any information you can provide will help!

1. Uninstall any printer software that is installed currently.

2. Restart the printer, and computer fully.

3. Clean boot the computer and restart it: how to clean boot

4. When the computer restarts, download and install the software here.

5. When the printer is installed, return to the clean boot process and re-enable the start up programs.

I hope this helps and works. Let me know what happens.

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Welcome back to the forums @DLBHJ🙂

I hope to help with the install issues you're having with your Officejet 4500 on Windows 10. Here are some steps for you to get started. When you are done, please reply to me with the results, errors, etc. Any information you can provide will help!

1. Uninstall any printer software that is installed currently.

2. Restart the printer, and computer fully.

3. Clean boot the computer and restart it: how to clean boot

4. When the computer restarts, download and install the software here.

5. When the printer is installed, return to the clean boot process and re-enable the start up programs.

I hope this helps and works. Let me know what happens.

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.