Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am using windows 10 64 bit notebook. Recently I download the driver as listed in the list. I could not get theabove printer. I then change to other drivers that had postscripts, I had managed to get the printer to print but only nearly quater of the page. The error that keep appearing is " 49 Err 3D910C8". The printer asked to "turn Off then turn On". The problem is not solved.

Pls advised.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Juissi,

Thanks replied. If your printer worked fine, please click the “Accept as Solution” button below to mark your post as solved. Note: I'm not worker of HP but I hope this solution to be share with everybody. Because in this forum, somebody said that HP Laserjet P2055d/P2055dn/P2015, ... all them no work with windows 7, 8 or 10 (it's very old) and everybody need replace new printer or pay some moneys to solve problem.

Regards.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with laserjet  p2055d and the error code is "49 Err 3D90A44". Please help.

HP Recommended

Hi Makyamani and Juissi,

I saw the same problem and it’s printing fine now. My solution is using old driver of HP (file name is “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe”).

Before begin, you need search and download driver file “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe” (can search on Google), then you try:

1. Turn off printer.
  2. Go Control Panel\Devices and Printers, select “Remove Device” all printers (HP P2055d).
  3. Go Control Panel\Programs and Features, uinstall/remove all programs (HP).
  4. Restart computer.
  5. Run file “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849.exe”, select “USB mode plug and play” (in “Devices and Printers” windows with made 02 printers “HP P2055d PCL6” and “HP Universal Printing PCL6”).
  6. Go “Devices and Printers” again, select “Remove Device” both printers “HP P2055d PCL6” and “HP Universal Printing PCL6”.
  7. Restart computer again.
  8. Turn on printer and wait windows find and know your printer (if windows know your printer is “HP Universal Printing PCL6” is OK).

If you success too, let you share it with everybody!

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Thanks! Everything seems to be working great now! 

HP Recommended

Hi Juissi,

Thanks replied. If your printer worked fine, please click the “Accept as Solution” button below to mark your post as solved. Note: I'm not worker of HP but I hope this solution to be share with everybody. Because in this forum, somebody said that HP Laserjet P2055d/P2055dn/P2015, ... all them no work with windows 7, 8 or 10 (it's very old) and everybody need replace new printer or pay some moneys to solve problem.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Hi dungleviet67,

Thanks alot for your resourceful info. Now I can print my laserjet . Thanks alot.

regards,

SAKYAMANI

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your advice,

unfortunately step 5 does not work for me, 

Windows does not create neither HP P2055d PCL6 nor HP Universal Printing PCL6, nothing at all.

I have Windows 10, and the printer worked on Windows 7.

Do you have any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.