Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5660
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Need help installing printer software for a new printer ENVY 5660 on my Mac OS X 10.11 w/Network connection

Keep getting following error:

"The assistant was not able to configure your device using USB connection"

Make sure the wireless connection point is working correctly and that your device is located within range of it and it's turned on and idle, and then click Retry to make another attempt.

For more  information online visit www.hp.com/go/wirelessprinting

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @ser6i0, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues installing printer wirelessly using USB connection.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

When you start the HP software to connect the printer wirelessly, make sure the USB cable is NOT plugged into the printer.  Only plug it in when the software tells you to do so.

Try the steps recommended below.

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any network or communication error states.
 NOTE:
The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.
Disconnect the power cord from the router.
Turn off the printer.
Close all running programs on your computer, including the HP software installation window, then shut down the computer.
Reconnect the power cord to the router, then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
Turn on the printer.
Turn on the computer.
Try installing the HP software again.
If the printer is found during the installation, the issue is resolved.
If the printer is not found during the installation, continue to the next step.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.