Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi dungleviet.

I did that all but still the same problem with the fonts.

I went back to my old laptop and checked the configuration.

It calls for HP LaserJet 5100 Series PCL5  not PCL6

I'm not sure what is the difference possibly PCL5 relates to older printers.

I then removed HP printer again and installed the driver for PCL5 from Windows library and voila everything works ok.  In the process I learned quite bit thanks to your comments.

Take care and thx for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi KLuz,

Very glad when you solved problem font by installed driver for PCL5.

I installed HP UPD for PCL6 and my HP 5100 working fine , so I don't think it works fine with PCL5.

Thanks for replied.

Regards.

dungleviet

HP Recommended

Hi dungleviet,  I'm not sure why it works with PCL5 and not PCL6 either but I'm happy the font problem has been solved.

Thx for your help and take care.

HP Recommended

Hi Can you send me the link to download the PCL5 drivers for HP LaserJet 5100 printer.  I have the same problem with the fonts appearing as blocks

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

it's been a while but I think the driver was selected from the Microsoft Win10 printers library during the printer installation process.  It shows a listbox with all kind of printers. You should select the 5100 PCL5 if this is in fact the one you have.

I hope it helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.