Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all, 

I just bought a new LaserJet pro 200 color MFP M276nw and I'm trying (since 4 days) to coorectly install it.

My target would be to use it through the wifi connection and I correctly set it by the front panel.

When I try to install the printer by wifi, I can install the print driver but I can't find the scan driver.

I tried connecting it by ethernet and the system point out a multifunction scanner and printer driver. If use them, it works correctly.

Whenever I pull out the lan cable to use it by wifi it lose the scan functions. 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Gianluigi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @gianluigi1982 ,

I see that you are experiencing issues scanning over the wireless network, but you can scan by a Ethernet connection.

I would like to help.

What drivers did you install for the printer? (Apple Update or the 10.9 download drivers)

I checked our Lab computer with 10.10 installed on it and I was able to scan through Printers and Scanners over the Wireless network.

Check the driver version installed.

Go to the Apple, System Preferences, Printers and Scanners, highlight the Laserjet, click on the Print tab on the right side of the window and select Options and Supplies.
On the General tab it will list the driver version.
19.9 is the one listed on the lab.

What driver do you have showing?

Check the driver name that is installed for the printer. Make sure it shows just the printer's name.
Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name on the left side and on the right side of the screen it should show the printer's name. (Laserjet Pro 200 MFP M276)

If the full printer name isn't listed correctly, delete it and add the printer name back in from the list. Click the - sign to delete the driver and then click the + sign to add the driver, might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in.

On the Printers and Scanners window, highlight the printer on the left side, on the right side of the window you should have a Print/Scan tab, click on Scan, then Open Scanners and test the scanning. If you don't have the Scan tab, let me know.

scan tab.png

Did you add the printer as a Bonjour printer or through the IP Protocal? (can't scan through IP Protocal)

Are you using the automatic IP address, or your own Static IP address?

Here is some information for Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software.

Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @gianluigi1982 ,

I see that you are experiencing issues scanning over the wireless network, but you can scan by a Ethernet connection.

I would like to help.

What drivers did you install for the printer? (Apple Update or the 10.9 download drivers)

I checked our Lab computer with 10.10 installed on it and I was able to scan through Printers and Scanners over the Wireless network.

Check the driver version installed.

Go to the Apple, System Preferences, Printers and Scanners, highlight the Laserjet, click on the Print tab on the right side of the window and select Options and Supplies.
On the General tab it will list the driver version.
19.9 is the one listed on the lab.

What driver do you have showing?

Check the driver name that is installed for the printer. Make sure it shows just the printer's name.
Click the Apple menu and then click System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, highlight the printer name on the left side and on the right side of the screen it should show the printer's name. (Laserjet Pro 200 MFP M276)

If the full printer name isn't listed correctly, delete it and add the printer name back in from the list. Click the - sign to delete the driver and then click the + sign to add the driver, might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name to add it in.

On the Printers and Scanners window, highlight the printer on the left side, on the right side of the window you should have a Print/Scan tab, click on Scan, then Open Scanners and test the scanning. If you don't have the Scan tab, let me know.

scan tab.png

Did you add the printer as a Bonjour printer or through the IP Protocal? (can't scan through IP Protocal)

Are you using the automatic IP address, or your own Static IP address?

Here is some information for Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software.

Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02, 

unfortunately after the Yosemite update I had several problems with the overall system so I decided to initialize it and I'm working to re-install all the apps and drivers.

I hope to finish in the next two days so I'll try to install correctly the multifunction printer.

Do you know how to download the Apple HP Printer drivers (3.0 should be the last version) BEFORE to install the printer through the HP drivers?

I thought it could fix several issues.

The installation process I'd like to follow is the following:

1. Download and installation of Apple HP printer driver 3.0

2. HP LaserJet color 200 M276nw connected by LAN cable

3. Static IP address

3. Installation of the printer by Apple System Preferences

4. I hope it will find both Printer and Scanner (and also Fax, sometimes it shows up)

5. Installation of HP Utility and HP Scan (I don't know if it is useful, please let me know if it is suggested or not to install it)

6. Try printer and scan functions with LAN cable connected

7. If everything works, go to step 8, otherwise, start from the beginning.

8. Try to pull out the LAN Cable

9. Check if the printer is still queryable by static IP

10. Try printer and scan functions with WIFI connection

11. If everything works, go to step 12, otherwise, start from step 6.

12. Restart the printer and the Mac

13. Try printer and scan functions with WIFI connection

14. If everything works, go to step 15, otherwise, start from step 6 or contact HP forum,

15. You got it! The printer is working fine!!

HP Recommended

Hi gianluigi1982,

Once you setup the wireless on the printer through the wireless wizard, you should just have to connect the printer to the Mac with a USB cable and run the Apple Updates. Then go into Printers and Scanners and delete the USB drivers, then add the new Bonjour drivers for the printer. You should have print and scan functionality.

I checked online and the 3.0 drivers are showing just the print features are available for the Laserjet M276, not the scanning features.

OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download.

HP Printer Drivers v3.0 for OS X.

Let me know if you need any more assistance.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02, 

I just installed the printer but still I have problems.

1. Printer connected with LAN cable

2. On Printer in system preferences, I pressed the + button and the printer has been installed.

3. Driver version showed in Options is 2.0 (I think it refers to the Apple drivers

4. I tried it and it was correctly working both for print and scan functionalities

5. I then tried to pull out the lan cable to check the wifi function

6. the printer was correctly working also in wifi.

7. I tried rebooting the mac.

8. the printer is not working at all. No scan, no print functionality

9. I downloaded and installed the 3.0 drivers.

10. With no Printers in System Preferences, I rebooted the Mac again.

11. I tried reinstalling the printer: no way to find it.

12. Reset Printer by right click on printer’s lit in System Preferences.

13. I pulled in the LAN cable again and I reinstalled the printer by clicking + on the System preferences.

14. The printer showed up and I reinstalled it as a Multifunction Bonjour

15. Now I have the driver version 19.9

16. It works with LAN cable connected

17. It works with wifi connection

18. I rebooted the MAC.

19. It works in wifi mode (both scan and print).

20. I rebooted the printer.

21. It works in wifi mode (both scan and print).

Simply….finally…. IT WORKS!!!!

Thank you so much for your help.

Gianluigi

HP Recommended

السلام عليكم

HP Recommended

Hello!

I succesfully installed the printer driver on my mac. However, I still can't figure out how to scan. When i open system preferences, go to printers & scanners, there is no scan tab for my installed printer. Please help me to install the scanner.

Best regards,

Laine

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.