Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 1536dnf MFP Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I was having multiple problems with my LaserJet1536 printer so I uninstalled all the HP software. I tried to re-install the software three times, but I always got this message:

Error. An install operation took too long to execute. This is a fatal error preventing product use. Please restart your computer and run this Installer again. If the problem persists, please check the product support web site for your product.

On the first two attempts, I used the original installation disk for Windows that came with the printer. On the third attempt, I downloaded the installation software from HP and used it, but to no avail.

I turned off Avast Antivirus, but that did not help.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Aselene,

Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue.

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Aselene – Hope you are well!

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I see that you had issues while installing the LaserJet printer. I would suggest the following steps:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer & PC if present.
  • Go to control panel – Programs and features – Select all HP Laserjet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Go to control panel – Devices and printers – Select each of the printer entries and then select remove printer / device.
  • Now press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again go to "run" window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Now restart your computer.
  • Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
  • Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
  • Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
  • Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.
  • Click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL34693/Im-86005-5/hp_M1530_MFP_full_Solution_15188.exe to install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if needed.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

DVortex,

Thanks for your help. I was able to follow all of your instructions except those in bullet points 4 and 5. When I tried to remove any of the drivers per bullet point 5, I got a message such as this: "Unable to remove Amyuni Document Converter 400, x64, Type 3-User Mode Driver. The Specified driver is currently in use." Also, you did not say whether to select remove driver only, or remove driver and driver package, neither of which I was able to do.

Also, I will mention that my HP printer is the only HP product I am currently using. Under bullet point two, you said "Go to control panel – Programs and features – Select all HP Laserjet printer entries and uninstall them." I removed only the folders that mentioned HP printers. I did not remove any other HP folders. I assume by uninstall, you mean delete with respect to the folders.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Thanks.

Aselene

HP Recommended

Hi@Aselene,

I thank you for the reply.

That driver is the main cause for not able to install the printer driver. Follow the steps below to remove the Amyuni Document convertor driver and restart the PC to try the printer driver reinstallation once again.

• Open the Start menu.
  • Click Settings.
  • Click System on the Settings menu.
  • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
  • Select the app that says “Amyuni” to uninstall.
  • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Hope it helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Resolv_S:

My operating system is Windows 7. I assume by "open the start menu" you mean to click on the start button in the bottom left corner of my screen. When I do so, I don't see anything that says "settings" to click on.

Please explain.

Aselene.

HP Recommended

Hi@Aselene,

I thank you for the reply.

Use the link below to access Programs and Features to uninstall the program mentioned in the post above.

http://hp.care/2fmCF7N

Hope it helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Resolv_S:

Your post was not helpful. The support page your link took me to covers several approaches to removing software. Which one am I supposed to use? Can you not give me step by step instructions? Is the amyuni document convertor driver that you said to remove supposed to show up in the list of programs when using the Windows 7 uninstall feature?

Aselene

HP Recommended

Hello, @Aselene,

Thanks for the update.

Let's try to uninstall the HP drivers and the "Amyuni" driver from your PC using the "Microsoft Fix it" tool. Check here: http://hp.care/2dHImNI

Install the app and follow the on-screen instructions to remove the drivers from your PC. Once done restart the computer.

Now download and install the printer driver here: http://hp.care/2f26RIf

Hope that helps. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

DVortex

In the third bullet point of your original post, you said to: Go to control panel – Devices and printers – Select each of the printer entries and then select remove printer / device.

I only removed the printer although there were a couple of other items including a fax icon. When I went back and removed everything under devices and printers, and went through your full instructions the re-install was successful.

Thanks for the help

Aselene

HP Recommended

Hello @Aselene,

Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue.

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.