Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet 600 M601
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer is stuck on 4/8 during booting, what could be the problem and how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
The first thing I would do would be to get into the pre boot menu and do a partial clean.

The partial clean wipe out the active copy of the firmware and it will be restored from the backup copy on the following power cycle.

If you do an online search you can probably find the troubleshooting manual for this machine and the procedure to get into the pre boot menu.

Please be cautious, a full clean will wipe out all the firmware on the machine and it will need to be reloaded from a USB Drive.

If the partial clean does not help it could be a hardware failure in the machine.

If you do a partial clean and it does not help please post back before doing the full clean and we may be able to find more information for you.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Thanks SHThompson. I tried the partial clean procedure but its not working for me. 

HP Recommended
What lighrs are on on the formatter? And are they on flashing or solid?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.